At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
The Investment Data Platform is a key part of M&G data capability. The team continues to develop the platform to meet the growing demands of M&G Investment teams, Clients and the Regulators. This dynamic team combines data expertise, Analysis and Engineering. The team develops capabilities across the Investment Management process and looks to enable insights and analytics to be created including Sustainability, Public and Privates assets and more broadly into Research and Regulatory capability. Working within the Investment Data Platform function, the role is responsible for sourcing, transformation and distribution sources of data supporting critical processes across the investment business. The data provision teams role is to represent a detailed knowledge of the content within the platform and the application of investment data across the business. Key Responsibilities for the role
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- To work with the investment teams and platform users to establish requirements for the sourcing and enrichment of data in the platform. Ensure that both business and data requirements are well understood and documented. Ensure that the value of data can be maximised across current and potential use cases
- Provide the ink between the business and the engineering team to facilitate the development of Investment Data Solutions
- Provide insights and leadership in the application of best data practices of the management of data in the platform and of the use of data across the organisation
- Work with users to analyse and resolve data requests and issues. Ensure that the data is well understood and used for appropriate purposes across the business
- Detail operating requirements for new data deliveries and work with the Data and Reporting Services team to ensure that appropriate controls are in place
- Ensure that data is well documented and that data governance principles are applied to document data definitions, usage and access and ensure that data risks are identified and mitigated
- Support strategic data projects in ensuring that knowledge of vendor data and data enrichment is captured in project requirements and deliveries of the platform
- Work in partnership with data vendors to ensure that user and stakeholder outcomes are represented and delivered
- Comprehensive understanding of investment datasets (funds, positions, transactions, instrument etc), knowledge of the investment process and application of data in investment teams
- Strong technical skills with experience of working technology and engineering teams
- Data exploration and analytical skills, that enable you to solve new problems and understand existing software through investigation.
- Engineering and programming skills would be preferable but not essential
- Experience of delivering data analysis and co-ordinating deliveries and updates into strategic data projects and delivery programmes
- Good understanding of Data Governance principles
- Proven interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally, within a project team
- Ability to identify problems and have the drive to follow them through to resolution
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to work efficiently across priorities and to project deadlines
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.