BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of
the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
As a leading wealth manager, BNY Mellon Wealth Management is focused on helping successful individuals and their families build, manage and sustain their wealth across generations and market cycles. Through a unique service model focused on five Active Wealth practices - Investing, Borrowing, Spending, Managing Taxes, Protecting Legacies - they help clients in the U.S. and abroad achieve stronger after-tax performance to help maintain their wealth over generations.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Vice President, Tax Reporting Compliance to join our Wealth Management team. This role is located in the US and will require 3 days a week in the office. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Serve as a tax liaison between internal BNY Mellon colleagues and outside tax vendor
- Performs calculations for internal and/or external clients and completes tax reporting or other regulatory filing requirements to ensure compliance with state and national regulations.
- Reviews work of more junior colleagues and works with clients to plan for the tax and/or regulatory cycle. Coordinates with tax and regulatory authorities.
- Works with clients and their attorneys and accountants to implement plans for the tax and/or regulatory cycle, including deliverables and deadlines.
- Validates data and documentation to complete standard filings and flags data inconsistencies for review.
- Completes filings and reports.
- Reviews tax and or other regulatory calculations conducted by more junior colleagues and provides guidance on more complex calculations.
- Answers more intricate questions from clients regarding tax and/or regulatory calculations and reporting.
- Assists clients in addressing moderately complex tax and regulatory questions posed by their investors.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members as needed.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
- Supports multiple, complex client accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in a business discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Tax reporting and analysis experience preferred.
- Experience reading trust documents preferred.
- Experience in fiduciary tax (Form 1041), death tax (Form 706), and generation skipping transfer tax (Form 709) preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.