Who we are looking for
This role will be responsible for providing Database SME support and vendor operational governance for Global Infrastructure Oracle & Sybase Operations as part of 24*7*365 Production Management organization, an organization that delivers highly secure, reliable, efficient technology operations services that are focused on the needs of all State Street business. Responsible for Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge and Configuration management for Oracle & Sybase infrastructure platforms. This role will be responsible for the day to day support of Sybase and Oracle infrastructure platform operations processes including Replication Servers and Goldengate, ensuring all technology SLA's/OLA's are met, driving platform availability. In collaboration with the business, technology peers, and vendor partners, you will ensure that State Street's businesses have optimized services and operations, enabling greater availability, performance and reliability in the delivery of State Street products. What you will be responsible for
As Infrastructure Operations Database Engineer, you will be responsible to
What we value
- Provide Governance support of Sybase & Oracle Operations including from managed service providers
- Provide SME technical escalation point of contact for major incidents for Sybase and Oracle platforms
- Technical leadership and hands-on support for Sybase ASE, IQ, Replication Servers
- Providing Database performance tuning support for major incidents
- Incident, Change, Knowledge, and Problem Management accountability
- 24 x 7 x 365 incident escalations.
- Managing Oracle database, RAC, Dataguard, Sybase ASE, IQ, Replicaiton servers, Backup/Recovery
- Support goldengate and Sybase replications between Sybase and Oracle
- Resiliency, Stability, and Continuous Service Improvement for platforms
- Capacity & Lifecycle Management of Platforms
- Global standardization - Platform, services, and processes
- Help establish high performing onshore, nearshore, and offshore teams
- Collaborates with Service Delivery, Engineering, ITSM, Architecture, Application teams, Technology vendors, Security, Application support and other infrastructure operations teams to operate resilient, and secure platforms at industry best standards
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in providing SME level support on global platform operations team of 24*7*365 in high demanding industry like Banking/Finance for more than 10+ yrs.
- Excellent Leadership, Communication and Presentation Skills
- Strong Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Analytical, Collaboration and Decision Making Skills
- Experience in Vendor, Budget, & Project Management
Why this role is important to us
- 12+ years as L3 Production Support Engineer
- Oracle, Sybase, RAC, Dataguard, ASE, IQ, Replication Server, GoldenGate, Replication, ZFS, UNIX, AIX, Linux
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$110,000 - $177,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.