Assistant Vice President, Banking
San Francisco, CA
Barclays Capital Inc.
What will you be doing?
• Provide clients with strategic advice relating to mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and raising capital in equity and debt capital markets.
• Oversee every phase of the execution of live deals and proposals of M&A transactions, providing strategic advice to clients.
• Direct Analysts and Associates to perform financial valuation, research, and analyses on advisory assignments for clients regarding corporate, strategic, macroeconomic, and industry driver developments.
• Oversee and guide the development of M&A transaction related presentation and pitch materials for new clients and on-going advisory assignments.
• Participate in drafting sessions, due diligence functions, and approval processes related to M&A and debt and equity transactions.
• Build, maintain and manage relations with new and existing clients of the firm.
• Supervise Analysts and Associates on M&A assignments, day-to-day functions, and financial analysis and modelling.
What we're looking for:
Master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field and three (3) years of experience in position offered or as a Financial Analyst/Associate in the Investment Banking Industry. Alternatively, will accept Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in specified fields and five (5) years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in positions specified above. Demonstrated experience must include: Analyzing industry and sector trends, macroeconomic trends and corporate, strategic, and financial developments. Performing financial and economic modeling and analysis to advise clients. Providing advisory services around technology M&A transactions and preparing presentations on strategic factors. Preparing strategic advisory and transaction-related materials advising clients of potential strategic opportunities and competitive threats. Managing multiple projects executing transactions through the deal execution lifecycle. Supervising junior financial analysts to assist with financial analysis, transaction related presentation materials, and modelling assignments. Developing and managing new and existing client relations.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our San Francisco, CA location at 4 Embarcadero Center, Floor25, Suite 2500, San Francisco, CA 94111. You will be working at our 4 Embarcadero Ctr San Francisco location. This state of the art office is located in the heart of the city and is easily accessible to public transportation. Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Salary/Rate Minimum/yr: $227,115
Salary/Rate Maximum/yr: $227,115
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any other type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays Employee Referral Program.