This is a key management role within the SSGA Investment Operations organization that is responsible for supporting investment management professionals and business leaders and sits within the Chief Operating Officer's organization. The SSGA Operations Lead will be positioned within the Stamford, CT investment center of SSGA as the subject matter expert for investment data, investment platform business process support, and serving as the primary contact to take the lead on resolution operational issues.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. As the SSGA Investment Operations Lead, you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Be the primary subject matter expert for operations and business processes for SSGA funds and client accounts managed at the SSGA investment center in Stamford, CT
- Escalation point for Stamford equity and fixed income investment teams on operational issues
- Oversee manager of team responsible for security set up, maintenance, validation, and enrichment for portfolios managed on the investment platform
- Work directly with Portfolio Managers to resolve issues that arise within operational processes
- Coordinate with oversight teams responsible for evaluation of services provided by internal and external providers
- Operational support for portfolio construction and risk analytics system. Coordinate with technology teams supporting application on ad hoc request for investment data.
- Represent Global Investment Operations on Stamford site leadership team
- Coordinate with client implementation team for onboarding events and ensure engagement form appropriate parties
- Coordination with vendor management team on index licensing
- Oversee monthly AUM process
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Willingness to analyze processes with a focus on improving on the way things are done
- Ability to manage a team of professionals and work with stakeholders across multiple groups
- Challenging the status quo and provide feedback regarding necessary improvements
- Ability to analyze and break-down processes and determine root causes of issues
- Bring a controls-focused mindset to resolving data service issues and recommending process improvements
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Minimum of bachelors degree and at least ten years of operations experience within the asset management industry
- Deep understanding of interconnectivity of aspects of the investment lifecycle, including portfolio construction, trading, data management, middle office, and custody
- Experience with management reporting and presentations to senior level governance committees
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors Salary Range:
$115,000 - $182,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.