SENIOR INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE
The Investment Associate work with Portfolio Managers within client service teams to consistently deliver a high level of proactive client service and support. They are expected to understand and support their PMs' daily workflow. This includes preparing, proofing and coordinating presentation materials used in meetings with high net worth clients, analyzing investment themes and issues to communicate effectively with clients and internal partners, tracking trade activity from execution to settlement, researching and resolving account/operational investment discrepancies, analyzing and insuring accuracy of investment performance results. This position is critical to the confidence that our clients have in our abilities to manage their finances and the appropriate person will understand the importance of accuracy and timeliness.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
The successful candidate will benefit from having the following competencies:
- Prepare, proof, and coordinate presentation materials for existing and prospective clients.
- Monitor and take ownership of all compliance related duties and follow-up procedures, including consulting with PMs on deficiencies and communicating with clients to eliminate exceptions.
- Duties range from insuring our records are complete for compliance purposes to providing equity and fixed income research needed for discussion with clients to inform them of investment decisions and transactions in their accounts.
- Monitor daily all current and outstanding capital structure offers, and ensure that capital structure decision deadlines are met.
- Communicate information on current offers, relevant research recommendations and any other related information to PMs.
- Monitor PMs' desks in their absence. Distribute investment research and portfolio construction information when and where appropriate. Read, understand and abide by the PM Guidelines.
- Work diligently toward mitigating losses due to error and be mindful of possible contingencies.
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889. Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose. https://www.northerntrust.com/content/dam/northerntrust/pws/nt/images/careers/ntawards.jpg We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com . We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people. Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
- Investment Associates require a broad understanding of financial markets.
- Knowledge of investment products, services and terminology, usually obtained through on the job training or prior experience, are needed.
- Analytical and organizational skills are needed to meet deadlines and solve client or administrative projects.
- Candidates should have 2-3 years of investment and personal trust client servicing experience.
- Excellent technical skills, including advanced Excel skills are required as well as Power Point.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or equivalent relevant work experience highly preferred.
- A passion for the investment business and excellent communication skills. Preference toward candidates pursuing the CFA.