At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Trust Advisor (LO) as part of Wealth and Investment Management. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com . In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives in trust and estate matters, investment management, wealth transition, and financial planning
- Act as key participant in large scale planning for Fiduciary Advisory
- Review and analyze complex trust accounts in order to develop or expand relationships that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors
- Receive direction from leaders
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal and external customers
- Interact with Accountants and Attorneys
- This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 5+ years of Fiduciary Advisory experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA)
- Established network in the local market
- Experience in wealth management with net worth clients of at least five million dollars
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of financial and estate planning, fiduciary/trust, wealth transfer, leverage, multiple asset class usage, asset allocation strategies, and taxation
- Solid knowledge and understanding of fiduciary law and federal regulations
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient with financial planning software; proficient with cash flow modeling tools; proficient with mobile technology.
- 10+ years of financial planning experience, estate planning experience, or a combination of both; in wealth management
- Individuals in Loan Originator LO positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
Primary contact for coordination for Investment & Fiduciary Services; serves as subject matter expert in Fiduciary advice. Delivers advisory based services to clients with highly complex Wealth Management (WM) planning needs in collaboration with clients, partners and Centers of Influence. Grows & retains WM relationships by integrating fiduciary knowledge, wealth planning, investment knowledge (asset allocation, multiple asset class usage, risk management), & client acquisition skills. Acquires new high net worth client (HNW) and ultra-high net worth relationships through consistent profiling on the 12 WM Issues and needs assessment. Includes: Adhering to the Tactical Sales Process, Client Discovery Review (CDR), profiling, estate plan & wealth transfer document review & cash flow analysis, selecting appropriate strategies & taxation. Conversant in all aspects of Specialized Wealth Services (SWS); may specialize in some areas. May serve as Relationship Manager or partner with a Wealth Advisor (or other Relationship Manager) in serving HNW relationships. Takes a full balance sheet approach when sourcing new business including identifying and referring new credit, deposit and/or brokerage opportunities. Actively participates in the delivery of quality client events. Engages in WM conversations, applies tax & transition strategies, introducing Wealth Planning Strategists/ Planners for complex or comprehensive planning engagements and SWS Specialists for appropriate solutions, enabling clients to leverage & protect the value of their estates. Applies in depth knowledge of each of the 12 WM issues and needs assessment to evolve the advice cycle. Focuses on clients w/ a minimum net worth of $5MM or as determined by mgmt. Introduces Wealth Planning Strategists for wealth plans above $5MM. May act as team lead and/or mgr. Collaborates w/ Center Administration team on compliance/risk issues. Developing new and expanding current WM relationships is a key function of the role. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.