About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889. Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation :
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater. Summary:
As a member of the GFS Global Functional Training Team, the Fund Accounting Associate Training Consultant will work collaboratively with team members to deliver training solutions to the assigned business unit. Under general direction the Training Consultant will assist with defining learning solutions that support the functional requirements. The Training Consultant role involves designing, delivering functional training solutions, analyzes solutions for continuous improvement and undertakes appropriate operational and administrative aspects of the training curriculum. Principal Responsibilities:
Area Specific Duties:
- Works with management, performance consultants and/or subject matter experts to understand desired business outcomes and translate them into learning and organization development objectives.
- Works with stakeholders to determine appropriate learning methodologies and organization development solutions.
- Develops project plans including the identification of subject matter experts where appropriate.
- Develops, facilitates and delivers learning and organization development programs.
- Maintains an inventory of training and organization development programs/tools and schedules their use according to management priorities.
- Evaluates training and organization development programs for effectiveness and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Delivers a work product that requires minimal revision.
- Serves as a key subject matter expert in program design and may mentor more junior staff.
- Handles all types of analysis.
- Represents the department in various meetings.
Skills / Experience:
- Coordinate and deliver the training program and mandatory curriculum within assigned geographic location/globally
- Liaise with both managers and participants to outline program requirements
- Maintain all training and progress reports surrounding the program
- Continuous evaluation of the programmed working with GFS and Stakeholders
- Design, develop and maintain a training curriculum for the REIF's function within the Global GFS curriculums which can be implemented and delivered regardless of geographic location.
- Coordinate/deliver the new hire curriculum within your geographic location.
- Design and deliver training for existing systems and new system roll-outs.
- Ensures that GFS Functional learning and development interventions are aligned with the Business Unit and/or enterprise-wide needs.
- Consult with areas in the business unit to provide ongoing support.
- Work collaboratively with other Global Training Teams.
- For this position, we are looking for an individual that fits one of the two profiles below:
- An experienced operations professional willing to develop their consulting, writing and presenting skills.
- Prior operational experience, preferably within the Fund Accounting/Accounting function or a similar role in financial services
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of staff
- Self-starter and team player
- Attention to detail