Assist the Head of Compliance in:
- Managing the Branch's compliance function, especially private banking/wealth management compliance program/framework.
- Providing PB compliance advisory for the assigned portfolio in relation to licensing, PB/Wealth Management regulatory requirements as well as carrying out compliance monitoring and reviews to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations especially (including Securities & Futures Act, Financial Advisers Act and relevant banking regulations);
- Managing AML-related projects and ensure timely implementation.
- Provide compliance advisory support in relation to PB/Wealth Management business activities to all business units and support units of the Bank.
- Provide support to business and / or supporting units of the Bank in the development, implementation and regular review of policies and procedures for their operations with due regard to all applicable regulatory requirements in PB/Wealth Management Area.
- Provide compliance advisory support to PB/Wealth Management units on AML issues.
- Assist the Head of Compliance to advise management on compliance issues and potential impact of regulatory trends and developments in designated areas, especially PB/Wealth Management Area.
- Collaborate with internal Compliance team members in performing compliance monitoring program on the Bank's various activities in investment compliance if necessary.
- Conduct compliance review on complaint cases and provide necessary advice in the area of designation especially PB/Wealth Management Area.
- Undertake investigations into any complaints reported or made by both internal and external customers in the area of designation especially PB/Wealth Management Area.
- Review the current compliance controls of the Bank, and identify proper actions for improvement if necessary in the area of designation especially PB/Wealth Management Area.
- Perform regular tracking on all outstanding regulatory issues or findings yet to be solved or responded.
- Assist Head of Compliance to enforce the General Compliance Manual of the Bank in the Specific Area.
- Liaise with regulators and handle the ad hoc examination, surveys and enquiries.
- Prepare operation manual for the department in the Specific Area.
- Raise and maintain compliance awareness among staff by providing them with relevant information, publications and training on compliance matters.
- Provide coaching and training to junior staff of the team or other compliance teams.
- Take up other assignments from time to time directed by the Head of Department or Branch General Manager.
- Degree holder in Banking and Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- At least 5-10 years of compliance experience within the private banking / wealth management industry.
- Experience in review of counterparties/clients and have knowledge of PB Investment Suitability framework.
- Experience in KYC (including name screening) and transaction monitoring review requirements for Private Banking clients.
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; and meticulous.
- Self-motivated and resourceful; able to multi task and focus on delivering results.
- Professional Compliance qualifications are preferred, such as ICA, ACAMS, etc.