- JN -052023-1938251
- May 23, 2023
- £40k - £45k
Exciting Opportunity to Work with Big4 Tech Company as a French Media Project Coordinator Based in the UK Media Project Coordinator - French & Spanish/ Portuguese/ Italian
Location UK remote
Duration - 6 months
An exciting opportunity to work as a Media analyst and analyze press coverage and social media conversation in France and at least one additional European country (such as Italy, Spain or Portugal). The analyst will be required to have fluent knowledge of local languages in those markets, including French as well as English. Additionally, they should have solid numeric and quantitative analysis skills.
The analyst will be responsible for monitoring news cycles, providing qualitative analyses as well as quantitative data insights for most pressing issues. Additionally, this role will sit at the heart of global effort to quantify the impact of the work of its communications team for all reactive as well as proactive activity. The role will be based in London or remotely.
The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively with colleagues all over the world (our working language is English) and can consistently deliver high-quality work even under severe time constraints. Candidates should be strong communicators. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills as well as organizational skills are critical.
Overall, you will play a key role in analyzing the true impact of major news stories about the company. In turn, you'll be feeding into important strategic decisions by global Communications and Public Affairs leadership team.
This role is ideal for someone who has had first experience in their journalistic and/or communications career, in academic research, at a think tank, or after working for a media agency, media analysis firm, or media measurement platform. By analyzing media activity, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to define the impact of proactive and reactive media cycles at a very large scale around the world. This knowledge will be the ideal basis for a further career in the communications team or in some of the world's largest organizations in the public eye.
- Read, analyze, and summarize media coverage of important issues
- Inform the wider team on news cycles and policy issues domestically and internationally, and put them into their local context
- Create reports with media insights (including visualization) to assess the impact of different news cycles and inform future strategy
- Support the communications team in developing meaningful success metrics for its campaigns and initiatives across traditional (news) media outlets as well as owned, paid-for and earned social media activity
- 2+ years of experience in a media analysis, research, journalistic, communications or related role, or working for a media agency, media analysis firm, a media measurement platform or think tank
- Fluent in English and French + another European language such as Italian, Spanish or Portuguese
- Familiarity with the media market in Europe
- Experience owning multiple deliverables and working in a deadline driven environment
- Experience in handling data sets and visualizing data a plus
- Experience drafting messaging materials; writing news summaries is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Broadcast, Political Science, Marketing, Economics, Statistics or related field
- Knowledge of more European languages a plus
- Knowledge of the US media market a plus
- Experience in working with media monitoring tools a plus
- Experience in carrying out measurement projects using data platforms to monitor media coverage and analyze social media conversation
- Understanding of metrics and analytics within the media environment
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.