WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Birmingham, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in identifying risk and commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures.
Internal Audit assists the firm's Board of Directors' Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors. Internal Audit is organised into global teams of business and technology auditors:
• Global Markets- covers the Firm's Sales, Trading and Insurance businesses; including related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Divisional Compliance.
• Investment Banking - covers the firm's banking activities and Global Investment Research operations.
• Investment Management - covers the firm's Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
• Federation - covers the firm's Risk Management, Finance, Corporate Governance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas as well as Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Project manage audits. This would include:
Lead the planning and scoping reviews by meeting relevant stakeholders to understand and walk through the business and technology processes to identify the key risks and controls to be assessed.
Lead the preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified
Organizing the team delivery in line with timeline
• Assess the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and lead stakeholders meeting to communicate audit results
• Follow up with clients on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits and organize relevant validation work
• Engage in ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
• Liaise with colleagues globally to understand global processes and facilitate benchmarking of best practice.
• Establish and maintain internal relationships with key stakeholders and regularly interact with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business. BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
The Internal Audit Corporate team is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills capable of learning new business and system processes quickly. The successful candidate will work alongside an experienced team focusing on the Risk Management division The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant experience in internal/external audit or credit risk management
- SME knowledge of Credit Risk
- Ability to project manage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
An ability to work effectively across a large global audit team.