About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 42 countries the people of Morgan Stanley provide our clients the finest thinking, product, and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management provides holistic wealth services to clients investing in global and domestic equities, fixed income, derivatives, and broader wealth management services including financial planning, margin lending and managed fund investments.
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Australia is a national business with offices located in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, and Brisbane.
About The Role
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management seeks an experienced fixed income professional to lead fixed income strategy within the Wealth Management Research Team. You will be a subject matter expert on fixed income markets & products, and responsible for thought leadership, trade ideas and the implementation of Morgan Stanley's macroeconomic views in client portfolios, including the Firm's Multi Asset Portfolio Solutions (MAPS) managed accounts. In this role you will serve a diverse client base including individual clients, family offices and not-for-profit organisations and be required to partner with Financial Advisers to communicate potentially complex ideas in a coherent manner to retain existing clients and win new clients.
Other Responsibilities Include:
• Lead the development of investment grade, high yield and responsible investing model fixed income portfolios
• Contribute to the fixed income allocations within the multi asset portfolios
• Provide trade ideas within direct bonds, including treasuries, fixed income credit and hybrids to Morgan Stanley Financial Advisers and their clients
• Participate in the Asia Pacific Wealth Management Advisory Group meeting in exchanging views with senior research staff in the region.
• Assist the research team in the review of fixed income fund managers for the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Focus List
• Quarterly Fixed Income market update presentations, morning meeting updates and written market commentary
• Providing trade ideas within listed credit / hybrid markets to Morgan Stanley Financial Advisers and their clients
• 7-12 years' experience, preferably as a Fixed Income strategist or portfolio manager
• Strong Analytical / Financial Skills required
• Chartered Financial Analyst designation, or Masters in Finance will be viewed favourably
• Strong understanding of global macro and asset allocation
• Strong spreadsheet skills, and conversant with software such as Microsoft Office, Bloomberg, and Datastream
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Quick learner with structured mind-set and accountability
• Proactive and hard-working with the ability to work to deadlines
• Strong focus on coordination and teamwork
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.