VP, Business Risk Analytics Specialist, Private Wealth
Posting Date: 24-May-2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers
About the Department
UOB Private Bank
is dedicated to managing the wealth of high-net-worth individuals with investment assets of $5million and above. Keeping in mind our clients' financial objectives, we provide tailored products and solutions that draw on theGroup's comprehensive suite of personal, business and investment services.
The Private Bank Business Risk and Controls Management (PB BRCM) function sits with the PB Business as part of 1st line of defense, under the PB COO organization. PB BRCM actively drives and maintains oversight of the front to back activities and risk profile of the PB business, in close partnership with the business and supporting control functions. The PB BRCM function has responsibility over ensuring proper management and oversight across Non-financial risk taxonomies, including Investment Suitability, AML/KYC, Anti-fraud, Conduct,Cross border activities, Data Privacy, BCM etc. The BRCM function runs various risk governances, risk assessments, controls, reviews and advisory related activities over the PB business.
As a member of Private Bank BRCM team, this role will play an important role in assisting the Head of Private Bank BRCM in leading the build out of the Business Risk Analytics & Intelligence capabilities within the 1st line of defense.
Specifically, this role will work closely with other members of the BRCM team, Front office and business partners (e.g. Products / COO) on:
• Supports and implement the PB BRCM data analytics capabilities to deliver valuable risk insights for the PB business
• Lead special projects, thematic reviews or investigations through the use of analytics (where possible) around certain key risk taxonomies (e.g. Anti-Fraud, Sales activities, Conduct Risk)
• Deploy and perform data analytics / mining to pro-actively identify emerging risk hotspots or indicators
• Develop visualization solutions / MI through the use of dashboard for PB management and business stakeholders
• Review and uplift assurance testing procedures, including sampling methodologies to ensure adequate focus and coverage on higher risk activities or staff
• Deliver innovation and efficiencies through the implementation of automation and analytics to perform reviews or assurance testing over key risks taxonomies
• Support any data management activities related to PB, such as involvement in data sourcing and establishing data marts / playpens for analytical solutions
At least 5 years and above of experience in financial institution preferably with background in business risk, compliance, audit or consulting:
• Proven experience in working with data for risk management, particularly in data analytics / automation / visualization skillsets
• Strong capabilities in driving thematic reviews and assessments of risk topics or special cases (e.g. plan, execute, report)
• Good abilities in use of tools for data analytics and visualization (e.g. Excel, SAS, Qilk, PowerBI, Alteryx)
• Deep knowledge of programming language (VBA ,SAS and SQL). Experience in Python and R or database management is a plus.
• Possesses the necessary communication skills and ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization
• Understanding of the Private Bank business and processes would be an advantage
• Undergraduate degree in quantitative programme such as Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer Science or Post-graduate degree in analytics or risk management is preferred
• Self-motivated, independent, meticulous with analytical mindset to problem solve and drive topics and solutions
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.