Director Programme Manager
Reports to (Line Manager's Job Title):
Head of Reference Data Tech and Markets Tech Resiliency
Direct Reports (if applicable):
Department/Function Level 1:
Department/Function Level 2:
Portfolio Change Delivery
CBI Regulated Role
CBI Regulated Role Type
List all applicable Controlled Functions and Pre-Approval Controlled Functions [CFs: 1-11, and PCFs: 1-47] please see appendix 1 and 2 for the full listing.
If yes, what is the name of the regulator
Insert text here
Contractual Legal Entity - Please refer to link below for legal and regulatory requirement.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
About Markets Post-Trade Technology
Markets Post_Trade Technology (also called TC11) is made up of 1,000+ colleagues across UK, US, India, Czech Republic, Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong. We p rovide Markets post trade processing across multiple asset classes and post trade functions including tax reporting and asset services. We are a key partner in supporting the following Operations services: Data Management Services, Middle Office, and Securities Post Trade Operations and manage more than 80 applications, which provide domestic and international settlements as well as execute cross-functional processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds .
Overall purpose of role
A Technology Leader to drive the delivery of the Markets Resiliency initiative and ensure the uplift required across all of the Markets applications are in place by deadlines agreed with regulators.
• Understanding the broad base of Markets needs to meet resiliency deliverables, prioritizing and driving to conclusion.
• Interact with CIO and senior leaders in Markets Technology to define and resolve technical issues.
• Partner with business/ops and infrastructure and other horizontal teams to identify the optimal and resilient solutions.
• Working on defining/reviewing solution design that meets technology standards.
• Communicate narrative around technical progress and strategic architectural progression.
• Ensuring the timely submission of progress reports and responsible for the Markets Resiliency KPI/KRIs
• Lead and/or contribute to innovation and continuous improvement activities
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
• Clearly articulate the strategy/vision, translate that into a holistic delivery plan and drive the execution of that plan to completion. Create communication materials for multiple levels of stakeholders.
• Manage governance and working group forums with business and tech groups to define solutions and track progress of projects.
• Host regular meetings with key Markets applications owners/representatives to understand their needs and align the necessary resources to meet the users' requirements.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
• Acts as escalation point for various stakeholders such as GTIS, CSO, business users and upstream/downstream IT stakeholders.
• Manage and negotiate delivery scope in collaboration with stakeholders
• Make balanced decisions with respect to the final operation and quality of the technical solutions
• Identify issues and blockers, and present recommendations and alternative solutions to stakeholder groups
• Provide clarity and build consensus about expected outcomes, scope and priorities
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills; able to negotiate and influence at all levels
• Versatile, flexible, self-motivated problem-solver, able to handle multiple projects at a time
• Positive, can-do mindset, with strong project management and time-management skills
• Organised, self-motivated and comfortable supporting, motivating or leading others
• Able to assimilate and organise data from a range of sources to derive insights and make recommendations
• Good presentation and facilitation skills
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Experience in managing Enterprise Level programs
• Good understanding of the principles of business, operational and technology Resiliency
• Good understanding of operating environment of large, global technology organization
• Good knowledge of Markets systems, vendors and suppliers
• Good understanding of the technology infrastructure
• Good project management skills
• Able to produce clear documentation and diagrams
• Able to define/review solution designs
• Knowledge or Portfolio constructs and ability to effectively tell a story
• Ability to work with a range of stakeholders and IT teams providing in-depth updates, sometimes at short notice
• Sounds understanding of the project objective and high level architecture across the F2B systems
• Strong track record of budget forecasting and management
• Ability to coordinate teams for presentations, feedback, training sessions.
• Ability to draft and maintain concise and accurate project milestones other project artefacts such as risks/issues logs
• Ability to draft comprehensive project meeting minutes and follow up with action owners proactively to close out open issues
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• Familiarity with F2B technology projects
• Knowledge of CIB (Corporate & Investment Bank) Systems
• Knowledge or experience working in horizontal teams
• Data analysis and visualization
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.