Bruin are working on an exclusive basis with a leading institutional Pension scheme located in London. Our client is looking for a Deputy Head of Portfolio Management to join the team.
This is a leadership position within the Dynamic Asset Allocation team and the Investment Department as a whole. It is intended to have a material impact on the company's investment results by demonstrating excellence in portfolio management within an active multi-asset mandate, as well as thought leadership in asset allocation and the ability to apply investment insights to both shorter and longer term investment.
This is a role within the Investment Strategy & Advice department, which involves Portfolio Management of a multi-asset overlay programme working closely with the Head of DAA, while actively contributing to the asset allocation process applied to DB and DC funds.
- Work alongside the Head of DAA in developing and enhancing the Scheme Overlay tilting program within agreed risk limits
- Apply that framework and deploy risk capital across the main asset classes (equities, government bonds, credit, emerging markets, commodities, and currencies (both developed and emerging) in the context of a multi-asset derivatives overlay mandate
- Contribute to infrastructure requirements (i.e. data, models, tools, dashboards etc.) and documentation (policies, procedures etc.), ensuring they adhere to "best in class" processes (i.e. model risk management)
- Excellent risk management and portfolio construction skills
- Investment experience could be in a multi-asset context, but candidates with strong Fixed Income or Equity background wishing to broaden their expertise are encouraged to apply.
- Strong investment leadership potential
- Relevant academic qualification (BSc/MSc), i.e. business/finance/economics or quantitative subject