We are looking to hire a Portfolio Manager with experience in local currency Emerging Market Debt (EMD) to join the Fixed Income Investment Beta Solutions Team within State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) in London. You will join a dynamic, successful, collaborative team of investment professionals, responsible for SSGA's fixed income portfolios and bringing market-leading solutions to our clients.
Based in London you will be responsible for the management of a broad range of indexed Emerging Market Debt mandates, funds and ETFs, with a focus on local currency debt. The EMD team is primarily located in London and Singapore, and is comprised of ten investment professionals. We are one of the pioneers in indexed EMD in the local currency space. Indexed EM is a rapidly growing subset of the asset class in which SSGA will continue to play a pivotal role in. We are looking to enhance our existing portfolio management team in response to AUM growth.
The Global Fixed Income team comprises a team of over 110 investment professionals in seven global locations. The global team manages $1trillion in active and indexed fixed income, cash and currency mandates across a broad spectrum of products on behalf of a wide range of clients.
State Street Global Advisors is one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers, and is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors.
We employ a diverse group of investment professionals worldwide. As an organization we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world both as a partner and a leader is a fundamental value at State Street.
What we need you to do:
- Manage indexed Emerging Market Debt portfolios, funds and ETFs, ensuring they are invested in line with their risk targets and investment objectives
- Collaborate with the Strategy team where needed, to deliver market insights, investment solutions and thought leadership for clients.
- Meet with institutional and intermediary clients, prospects and consultants to engage in detailed discussions regarding State Street's EMD capabilities and portfolio reviews.
- Maintain the highest possible fiduciary standards.
Who you are:
- an EMD local currency professional; hard currency experience also helpful.
- passionate about the Emerging Markets
- Positive attitude and a strong team orientation.
- Highly attuned attention to detail.
- An organised, self-starter, with a history of contributing to a successful, diverse team.
- Good communication skills.
- Committed to investment excellence, with a collaborative attitude.