My Client, an International bank in the City, seeks a Senior Associate/AVP level relationship manager with FI/NBFI experience, to join their broader client coverage team in London.
The role will involve :
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Manage and grow a profitable portfolio of diversified financial institution clients including banks and non-bank FI clients.
- Originate and execute deals, whether syndicated or bilateral, for banks and non-bank FI clients including deals sponsored by such clients
- Cross-market Financial Institutions' products (trade finance, syndicated loans,FX and deposits, etc.)
- Provide professional financial solutions by understanding client's needs, market development and conduct high quality due diligence, credit analysis and proposals
- Generate credit and deposit opportunities through soliciting prospective clients/deals, calling on referral resources, and networking with industry players.
- Structure, negotiate and document credit and other arrangements outlining loan terms and conditions relative to risk ensuring a risk-balanced return. Structure term sheet and negotiate key terms with clients professionally.
- Develop and manage a loan asset portfolio commensurate with the risk appetite of the bank.
- Conduct extensive due diligence and prepares credit submissions in accordance with the bank's standards and procedures and presents them to the credit committee
- Follow up communications with major market players and other relevant stakeholders such as external rating agencies to keep abreast of the latest market development.
- Prepare pitch books and presentations as needed.
- Proactively develop and maintain a sales plan that includes outbound calling and marketing efforts and cross selling of products and services.
- Prepare and send onboarding packages to new and existing clients in line with the bank's policy and risk framework. Communicate with clients, as needed, to gather information on beneficial ownership or on any other missing documents.
- Minimizes loan risks through diligent, timely and proactive reviews and ongoing monitoring of changing economic/marketplace influences and applicable industry trends/data. Effectively manages loan risks, develops risk issues and adjusts to the changing credit needs to restructure deals and minimize losses.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day identification, ownership and management of risk including conduct risk and controls through the continuing development and implementation of the Bank's risk framework processes (including compliance, conduct and financial crime risk framework processes). This includes the internal control processes designed to identify, assess and manage risk, the execution of activities as intended and the identification, reporting and escalation/remediation of inadequate processes and control breaks.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned by the Head of FI Department from time to time
Suitable candidates will evidence :
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in banking industry with product exposure.
- A well-developed understanding and solid analytical skills in the area of balance sheet, cash flow and income statements.
- Strong general business acumen coupled with the ability to develop a comprehensive financing package structured exclusively to meet the credit and non-credit needs of the client.
- Ability to solve problem by offering solution to bridge the gap of different stakeholders' expectation.
- Must be a team player capable of working across departmental and cultural boundaries.
- Good product knowledge in various loan products e.g. fund finance and an acute knowledge and experience in identifying and managing associated risk. Proven experience and expertise in structuring, managing and servicing medium to large FI financing deals will be an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of business lending policies, complex procedures, techniques and documentation requirement.
- Advanced knowledge of statutory guidelines and regulations governing business lending.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines of the bank.
- Willing to learn and work with others amicably in a harmonious working environment.