Fixed Income Credit Analyst
LIM is seeking to hire a Fixed Income Credit Analyst to cover a blend of primarily investment grade
insurance companies and banks. This analyst will be a member of LIM’s Credit Team, generate
investment recommendations, provide investment strategy input, have daily interaction with LIM’s
portfolio managers, analysts, and traders, and contribute to portfolio return. The candidate is expected
to have developed an appreciation for risk management, together with evidence of investment acumen
and superior analytical skills.
- Perform in-depth fundamental credit analysis of investment grade financials primarily insurance companies and banks.
- Independently construct investment opinions, including industry outlooks and trading recommendations; assess relative value metrics to identify investments with attractive riskadjusted return profiles.
- Develop views on economic, competitive, regulatory and ESG developments affecting assigned sectors and companies under coverage.
- Effectively communicate investment recommendations verbally and in writing to portfolio managers, traders, and other members of the credit team.
- Ideally, 3-7 years of buyside credit research experience covering financial institutions.
- Preference for someone with experience analyzing Life and P&C insurance companies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate complex concepts and investment recommendations succinctly and with conviction.
- Solid work ethic, an intellectual curiosity and desire to learn, and the ability to operate effectively in a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Bloomberg and/or FactSet.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA/MSF or progress towards a graduate degree, is preferred.
- CFA designation, or progress towards obtaining a CFA designation, is preferred.