ABOUT THE COMPANY
Yellow Point Equity Partners (“Yellow Point” or “the Company”) is a Vancouver based Private Equity organization that was established in 2004 with the intent to form meaningful partnerships with business managers and owners to help guide their companies to their next level of success. The Company is now on its fifth fund, having created 27 successful investment partnerships, delivered top quartile returns to their investors, and helped many of the Company’s partners multiply the value of their equity stakes.
Yellow Point believes strong companies are built by strong managers - managers who possess a vision for their company, are willing to take a material ownership stake, and operate with openness, honesty, and integrity. These are the management partners Yellow Point seeks. The Company invests in and supports growth in a diverse array of industries including business services, distribution, energy, healthcare, industrial, and manufacturing. Yellow Point does not invest in real estate, resources extraction, or early-stage start-ups.
The Company is open to a variety of opportunities including management buyouts, succession planning, growth capital, recapitalizations, spin-offs, and going private transactions. Geographically, Yellow Point is focused on Canada and the Pacific Northwest United States. The Company’s investment focus includes companies with revenues between $20M and $350M, strong free cash flow, and considerable growth prospects.
WHY YELLOW POINT
Practice “True Partnership” – The Company believes the foundation of all successful deals lies in creating fair, lasting partnerships with strong management teams with whom the Company is aligned on values and goals.
Act Like It’s Your Own Skin in The Game – Because It Is – Each member of Yellow Point has a significant amount of personal wealth invested in the Company’s funds (cumulatively accounting for nearly 10% of total capital committed across the five funds). It’s an assurance that the Company is fully committed to their partners’ success and that incentives are aligned.
Partners Benefit from The Depth and Experience of The Company’s Advisory Committee – Yellow Point’s Limited Partner base includes many prominent business leaders, including 60 CEOs from some of western Canada’s most successful companies. These professionals are available to assist the portfolio companies in building new relationships, evaluating strategic opportunities, and co-investment and/or board involvement.
Have a Longer Horizon Than Most Other Private Equity Investors – The Company’s 3 to 15-year hold period allows significant flexibility to realize management’s goals. Yellow Point does not seek to dictate the timing of dispositions, but rather to work with company management to pursue timing that works best for the business.
Nimble, Efficient, And Experienced – Yellow Point’s team is small yet seasoned which enables the Company to move swiftly, and to make decisions and pursue opportunities that unlock value together with partner organizations.
POSITION + SCOPE
The Associate will support the senior leadership team and will be responsible for several aspects of the investment process including initial due diligence, supporting the execution of transactions and assisting leadership with the management and monitoring of portfolio companies. Yellow Point seeks a high-performing, market-centric, and entrepreneurial individual who can make informed decisions supported by solid analysis and logic. The successful candidate will play an instrumental role in driving impact and participating in the growth of Yellow Point’s business.
Yellow Point seeks to build a diverse team and encourages applications from qualified candidates of all genders with varied backgrounds and experiences.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform research, prepare financial modeling and growth forecasts, and conduct initial due diligence for investment opportunities. Assess past and projected financial performance, quality of the management teams, investment risks, and expected returns.
- Review prospective investment opportunities provided by the Company’s partners and screen them for fit with Yellow Point’s investment criteria. Present analysis to senior leadership in a clear and succinct manner.
- Partner directly with senior leadership in the management oversight and monitoring of portfolio companies. Review operating results and performance and provide a summary report to leadership.
- Process confidentiality agreements and track the investment pipeline. Participate in transaction execution, including selecting debt providers and other external partners, drafting and reviewing applicable documents and conducting relevant analysis.
- Research tax structuring considerations for new acquisition opportunities.
- Be involved in Yellow Point’s quarterly report generation, administration, accounting, tax and valuation activities.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with the Company’s partners including investment banks, lawyers, accountants, and other professional groups.
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Support Partners in all aspects of the deal process from origination and due diligence through deal structuring and post-investment portfolio management.
- Conduct market research and valuation analysis across a wide range of markets.
- Build strong understanding of portfolio companies’ operations and financial performance. Produce quarterly LP reports.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE + QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 - 5+ years’ relevant experience, which may include accounting, investment banking, consulting, legal fields or other.
- Previous transactions experience, either buy or sell side, considered a strong asset.
- Strong research capabilities. Advanced financial modeling and analysis skills. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Able to distill information from a complex problem landscape and develop informed, data driven insights.
PERSONAL + LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES
- Meticulous. Strong attention to detail.
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
- Professional and exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience and interest in working in a lean, nimble environment. Thrives in a high performing culture.
- Excellent strategic capabilities with the ability to conceptualize and create initiatives that advance key business growth.
- Intellectually curious. Highly analytical and productive.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in a quantitative discipline) required.