My client, a leading hedge fund, is looking for a communications professional to join its newly formed team as a Communications Director. The role will span internal and external communications and has a global remit. This individual must be collaborative and have a passion for relationship building and storytelling. My client, a leading hedge fund, is looking for a communications professional to join its newly formed team as a Communications Director. The role will span internal and external communications and has a global remit. This individual must be collaborative and have a passion for relationship building and storytelling. MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE: Essential Responsibilities:
- Help scale a Communications function that effectively protects and proactively enhances the firm's reputation and brand to advance my client's business strategy.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the firm, managing media inquiries and proactively building key relationships to increase visibility and understanding, manage risk and enhance the firm's reputation.
- Support the team with reputation management and crisis communications; leverage data and analytics to anticipate, analyze, and regularly report on issues.
- Serve as day-to-day relationship manager for external vendors and agency partner(s).
- Collaboratively work with internal stakeholders from across Client Partnership, Marketing, Human Resources, Technology, Finance, Legal, and Trading on internal and external communications activities.
- Draft and edit content to support various internal and external engagements, announcements, thought leadership, and storytelling.
- Enhance and leverage digital and social media content and capabilities to interact with key constituents as part of the overarching brand and communications strategy.
- 8+ years of communications experience
- Direct experience working in or with the investment industry, particularly with alternative investment strategies
- Strong media relations skills, proven track record
- Social and digital media campaign experience
- Experience working on global teams across different time zones
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing external vendor relationships
• 5+ years of PR agency experience
• A combination of agency and in-house corporate experience
• Experience working with crypto, web 3.0 and digital assets
• Internal communications and/or change management experience
• Media training experienceTECHNICAL/BUSINESS SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Results-oriented, multitasker with strong attention to detail
- Commercial mindset with strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Ability to translate strategy into clear objectives
- Good judgement, and self-confidence.
- Strong organisational skills with proven experience planning, setting priorities relative to importance and urgency, managing process, and delivering results.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.