Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Purpose
To support the continuous development of a learning culture across Canada Life UK by producing engaging, creative and interesting learning content which is intuitive, inclusive, modern and raises the capability across the organisation.
The role holder will be required to build trusted and credible relationships with People Leaders, senior technical subject matter experts (e.g. Compliance and Risk Directors), People Relations Partners and external suppliers to build learning goals and effective blended learning programmes.
The Learning Design and Delivery Consultant will be the expert on instructional design theories practice and methods and will be confident to apply them to all learning. They will partner with the leaders and senior experts to analyse what is required (technical, regulatory, systems and behavioural), use their expertise to propose how to translate complex content it into effective learning, produce and implement memorable and effective learning experiences (personally or with an external provider), and using the data to evaluate the learning has delivered the desired outcomes. All learning must raise the behavioural, technical, management or leadership capabilities in the organisation.
The role holder will facilitate and deliver learning solutions for various audiences across the organisation.
Reporting to the Learning and Leadership Development Manager, the role holder will build the Canada Life learning design principles and framework for face to face and eLearning experiences. Duties/Responsibilities
- Partner with People Relations Partners, Senior subject matter experts, People Leaders and wider learning team to conduct needs analysis to establish the required levels of technical, regulatory, behavioural and leadership capability versus current status, and propose best practice on how to address the gaps
- Design and deliver high quality, engaging and learner-centric content on regulatory, behavioural, leadership and technical learning programmes which addresses the identified learning needs and demonstrates raised levels of capability
- Collaborate with SMEs and Leaders to translate complex needs into learning outcomes and craft blended learning (eLearning, classroom, virtual, film) which bring the subject to life in an engaging and memorable, diverse and inclusive way.
- Deliver requirements of a variety of assigned projects and initiatives which support enhancing the colleague learning experience to a high standard, delivering on time, within budget and meeting stakeholder needs
- Use learning expertise to design and maintain the Canada Life learning design principles and frameworks, and embed the principles through all learning in the organisation
- Integrate knowledge and expertise of learning trends, instructional design methodologies and eLearning software into the design, delivery and evaluation of all learning to reflect the needs of different demographics
- Evaluation of all learning delivered ensuring we can build a dashboard to provide insightful data that can be utilised to review and maintain programmes.
- Liaise with stakeholder to ensure that the library of eLearning content on the LMS keeps us compliant, is visible to the relevant populations and meets record keeping standards for regulators.
- Establish and nurture excellent relationships within own team, European and Canadian learning teams to leverage global opportunities and share UK successes.
- Experience in the design and development of blended, virtual and online learning programmes and materials
- Understanding eLearning technology and authoring tools preferably Articulate Storyline or Rise 360.
- Simple video design and creation
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously to a high specification
- Delivering engaging interactive content and facilitating face to face and blended learning experiences with an ability to deliver engaging and interactive sessions
- Create visually appealing learning materials writing effective copy, instructional text and scripts for both audio and video
- Turn training demands into a sensible and achievable delivery schedule and obtaining buy-in to the schedule
- Collaboration and stakeholder management with leaders and colleagues across multiple locations
- Build trust and credibility with a variety of stakeholders including technical specialists and senior leaders
- Creative problem solving to transform identified needs into learning solutions to address the capability gap
- Articulate complex and dry concepts succinctly and accurately
- Sound commercial awareness and judgment to determine optimum timings for actions and recommendations
- Persevere during setbacks, and demonstrate high personal resilience to change and ambiguity
- Apply fundamental research skills to instructional design projects
- Passion for design
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication including communicating complex concepts into intuitive and engaging experience.
- Natural curiosity to explore concepts and be creative
Benefits of working at Canada Life
- Learning psychology and methodologies, and how to apply these to make potentially dry subjects engaging
- Adult learning theories, learner-focused design and instructional design best practice
- Current learning trends
- Preferable knowledge of working in a regulated sector and how learning impacts compliance
- Instructional Design qualification is desirable
We believe in recognising and rewarding our people, so we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that's regularly reviewed. As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including a generous pension and bonus scheme, along with, income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance. We have a fantastic number of other benefits and support services as well as regular personal and professional development. How we work at Canada Life
Our culture is unique and incredibly important to us. We care about doing the right thing for our people, customers and community and helping others to build better futures. Our blueprint behaviours shape and influence how we work, and are central to the relationships we have with others. Every day we are encouraged to be more curious, own the outcome, face into things together and find a way forward.
We want colleagues to have rewarding careers with us so we invest in the development of our people, technology and workplaces. That's why we offer a range of training, flexible working and opportunities to grow and develop. Diversity and inclusion
Building an inclusive workplace with a diverse workforce where everyone can feel they belong and achieve their potential regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other characteristic is a key commitment for us. We are proud of the progress we're making in DEI, and we continue for it to be a significant focus.
"At Canada Life we believe in the power of great people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives coming together to build better futures. Emerging talent is crucial to our growth and creating an environment that continues to inspire us all." Nick Harding, Chief People Officer, Canada Life UK
We appreciate that everyone has different work and life responsibilities. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part time, for any of our roles should this be a requirement for.