About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department
This role sits within the Investment Operations Outsourcing (IOO) Market Operations Oversight Team in London. The objective of the team is to perform functional oversight of the trade processing teams in India to ensure that Clients KPI's are met.
The IOO Market Operations Oversight team partner is responsible for oversight of functions carried out in offshore regions, working with brokers and clients where necessary to resolve issues.
The IOO Market Operations Oversight team partner is also responsible for the services being provided to IOO clients, which would include but not be limited to attending client review meetings and analysis of the operational team's performance versus client KPIs including same day confirmation rates and STP rates. Identifying process improvements; working on and implementing remediation plans with key business stakeholders. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight of the offshore Market Operations teams and ensuring that all service deliverables are met.
- Support the Ops Project team where applicable on new IOO client or portfolio onboarding projects to ensure no service degradation to BAU operations support.
- Conducting process reviews of work performed in London & offshore with a view to creating efficiency, improving controls and mitigating operational risk.
- Adhering to the clients SLA & Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Attend client meetings and working closely with clients to improve the service support model.
- Actively manage escalated trade related issues representing a financial or reputational risk to NT and track to resolution with the client and key business stakeholders.
- Ensure all reconciliation queries are dealt with within the specified timeframes.
- Conduct analytical reviews of trade performance stats; confirmations; fails and STP rates with a view to identifying performance themes and sub-optimal processes. Work closely with the clients and internal business stakeholders to remediate and improve the service.
- Assist the team and line management with complex client enquiries where applicable.
- Assist in the production of accurate and timely management reporting.
- Participate in cross-training within the department where applicable.
- Provide support for any ad-hoc tasks or roles assigned by management.
- Provide support to the offshore teams when required, including the enaction of BCP scenarios.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of interest claims issued or received for allocated clients where applicable
Knowledge of Fixed Income; Equities; Emerging Market transaction practices
Knowledge of tradable instrument types - Bonds; Equities; FFX; Repos; Cash Instruments; Unit Trusts
Understands the trade lifecycle from execution through to settlement
Experience of Market Systems - CTM; ALERT; MISYS; CLS; Bloomberg; Failstation
NT Systems (if applicable) - WTS (Web Trade Services); Fundmaster Skills
Analytical - Generates and supports new ideas / Contributes to continuous improvement / Works with others to manage client requests and deliver excellent service
Communication - Tailors messages & communications / Fosters teamwork / Builds authentic relationships across a diverse set of individuals/management levels
Self-motivated - Ability to prioritise and work under pressure / Recognises opportunities and proactively takes advantage
Microsoft Office - Excel; Visio and PowerBI desirable Experience and Qualifications Required
3 years + working in market operations, either asset manager or outsourced environment based
IOC qualified (preferable)
Proven track record of improving operational performance Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.