MORE ABOUT THIS SKILLSET
Helping clients navigate markets to support their investment goals.
Individuals across these teams have strong communication, integrity, time management and problem-solving skills. It is also key for these colleagues to embody a client-first mentality, exercising good judgment, tact and diplomacy when interacting with clients, executives and other levels of management.
If you apply to this skillset, you will be considered for multiple roles across the firm that require this skillset. Please note division and function examples below are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business. DIVISIONS AND JOB FUNCTIONS Private Wealth Management (PWM)
secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
- A Wealth Management Professional provides client service management support to our clients and operational support to sales teams in the implementation of new client accounts, trade execution, liquidity management, and ongoing maintenance of existing clients. How you will fulfill your potential:
- Leverage your operational background and experience to contribute to a growing business
- Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to support their PWM clients
- Identify opportunities for and coordinate wealth advisory services within client base
- Manage advisory business implementation and re-balancing
- Manage cash balances and private banking services in accounts
- Serve as a key liaison to other areas supporting the PWM Business
- Plan and manage new account on boarding process
- Provide overview of client reporting and web capabilities to potential new clients
- Execute, process and reconcile trading and other investment related transactions
• PWM Financial Analysts
provide relationship management and support to PWM by monitoring portfolio holdings, analyzing asset allocations, researching potential investments, understanding financial market developments and trends, and executing trades while gaining a broad-based understanding of the asset management business. How you will fulfill your potential:
Ayco, A Goldman Sachs Company
- Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to support and implement wealth management strategies for PWM clients
- Develop and prepare marketing presentations for prospective clients that address equity, fixed income, and alternative investment components of asset allocation
- Analyze equity and fixed income portfolios for risk and return characteristics
- Execute portfolio rebalancing
- Research internal and external investment vehicles for client asset allocation
- Keep abreast of the latest events in the financial markets
- Relay GS research and market views to Private Wealth Advisors
- Work in conjunction with various product groups within Investment Management to respond to client needs
- Assist with trading and provide client service and team support
partners with Fortune 1000 companies to design and implement tailored financial planning programs for their workforce-leveraging the 50-year heritage of Ayco and the comprehensive resources of Goldman Sachs to meet the evolving needs of their employees. Ayco believes companies best serve their stakeholders and the greater economy when their employees' financial lives are clear, understood and in their control. Ayco advisors and technical specialists help clients achieve their personal financial goals through education and guided implementation across seven key financial disciplines, including employee benefit planning. Hiring teams include:
Global Markets Division
- Counseling provides proactive financial counseling, full-service implementation, including tax preparation and investments, to address complexities of executives, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. Analysts have extensive client interaction and prepare various reports for clients in the areas of cash flow planning, income tax projections, investment allocation, investment performance,
- Family Office provides sophisticated solutions to streamline the intricate financial lives of ultra-high net worth families, through comprehensive coordination, advanced risk management, investment services and legacy preservation strategies.
- Wealth Strategies Group specializes in the design and implementation of wealth protection and wealth transfer strategies for high net-worth clients.
- Private Wealth Management provides investment-advisory, education, portfolio-management and trade-execution strategies. Analysts serve as key liaison between clients, investment and operations teams.
enables our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products. In addition, we make markets in and clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide. Through our global sales force, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis.
Investment Banking Division
- Equities teams transact in stocks and other equity-related products, including convertible securities, options, and futures. Their work includes financing, securities lending, and other services for institutional investors.
- Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities teams transact in a variety of assets, including interest rate products (such as government bonds, treasury bills, and other highly liquid instruments), credit products, mortgages, currencies, and commodities
works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas
- Industry Group Coverage Banking works in developed and emerging markets worldwide to deliver banking services for a wide range of industries. Our team approach to client service enables our bankers to play an important role in building relationships and executing transactions. Classic investment bankers have expertise advising clients across industries, regions and products. Teams are organized by industry group, including Consumer Retail Group, Financial Institutions Group, Financial and Strategic Investors Group, Healthcare, Industrials, Natural Resources, Real Estate, and Technology, Media and Telecom, as well as by region, country and company size as part of the Cross Markets Group.
- Financing Group Coverage Banking sits within a dynamic, market-driven environment, our teams work closely with corporate clients, pension funds, financial sponsors and governments to structure and execute some of the largest and most complex financing and risk management solutions across the full product spectrum, including equity, debt and derivatives. To achieve this goal, the Financing Group comprises all Goldman Sachs' capital markets departments, and operates on close cooperation with other areas of Investment Banking and other divisions within the firm, including Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities and Equities. Teams are organized by product group including Leveraged Finance, Equity Capital Markets, Investment Grade, Structured Finance, Corporate Derivatives, Public Sector & Infrastructure and Emerging Markets.
- Bachelor's degree (2018 - June 2022)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with senior management and global stakeholders
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity