We are a North-West based, private investor supporting early-stage companies who are developing innovative engineering technologies that solve real world problems.
We are well-capitalised with a small but strong portfolio which we are looking to grow and we now seek an investment professional to join our team.
We make equity investments, typically at Pre-Seed to Seed stage and on occasion up to Series A. Ticket sizes range between £200k and £2m.What the role offers:
What we are looking for:
- Primarily: involvement in all aspects of the investment process including deal sourcing, appraisal, structuring and execution with responsibility for financial due diligence and commercial analysis
- Opportunity to contribute to overall development of the business and the investment strategy
- Mentoring and supervising a finance assistant
- Responsibility for financial processes and procedures including budgeting, monthly and year-end accounts production
- ACA/ACCA or CIMA qualification and 2 years+ post-qualification experience ideally in a SME environment
- 2 years+ experience of investing venture capital or growth capital
- Strong technical financial modelling skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a small team, self-motivated and able to work independently with plenty of scope to grow
- Understanding of or interest in, an engineering (not software) discipline would be advantageous
We are an equal opportunities employer.