The Investment Associate’s primary responsibility will be to assist with the management and diligence of the over $4bn investment portfolios for the Director’s Guild of America - Producer Basic and Supplemental Pension Plans and Health Plan. This is a critical position within a small investment team developing the internal investment program of the three Plans.
- Working closely with the CIO, monitor existing investments across public and private asset classes. This includes reviewing and analyzing investment activity and performance on a monthly or quarterly basis, as required.
- Assist in evaluating new managers, including attending investment meetings and helping perform manager due diligence.
- Maintain performance, cashflow and manager databases. Recommend database enhancements to assist in reporting and analysis.
- Prepare and organize materials for quarterly and ad hoc Finance Committee meetings.
- Work with Chief Investment Officer, Co-chairs and Investment Consultants in conducting asset allocation or other investment studies.
- Complete research projects on other asset categories or financial topics to determine suitability for investment by the Plans.
- Support the CIO in developing and sustaining relationships with peers and investment managers. This may require travel (approx. 5%) including attending annual manager meetings, conducting on-site manager meetings and attending select industry conferences.
- Liaison with the Accounting department to ensure data and performance accuracy.