An Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and delivering significant components of engineering solutions to accomplish business goals efficiently and reliably. Key responsibilities of this role include active participation in the design of their solution components, investigating re-use, ensuring that solutions are fit for purpose, reliable, maintainable, and can be integrated successfully into the overall solution and environment with clear, robust and well tested deployments.
Engineers actively look for opportunities to improve the availability and performance of components by applying the learning from monitoring and observation, automating towards zero touch, and championing a 'DevOps' mind-set.Additional Job DescriptionDetails of the Division and Team:
Corporate Banking is a technology centric business, with an increasing move to real-time processing, an increasing appetite from customers for integrated systems and access to supporting data. This means that technology is more important than ever for the business.
Deutsche Bank is one of the few banks with the scale and network to compete aggressively in this space, and the breadth of investment in this area is unmatched by our peers. Joining the team is a unique opportunity to help rebuild the core of some of our most mission critical processing systems from the ground-up.
Our Corporate Bank Technology team is a global team of 3000 coders (and growing!) across 30 countries. The primary businesses that Corporate Bank support are Cash Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Trust & Agency Services. CB Technology support these businesses through CIO aligned teams and also by 'horizontals' such as Client Connectivity, Surveillance and Regulatory, Infrastructure, Architecture, Production, and Risk & Control.About Our Engineers
Our Engineers work on a diverse range of solutions using cutting-edge technology every day, including our award-winning platforms like Autobahn, Fabric, Glue, and more.
Our Technology strategy is designed to build new revenue streams and develop innovative ideas which produce a new competitive advantage for the Bank, whilst also fixing our foundations and focusing on the importance of stability and risk management. Corporate Bank Technology understands the client's needs and has a robust strategy and innovative approach to deliver.About the Team
Trade Finance & Lending: Trade Finance Technology is responsible for the application development for international documentary payments, i.e. collections, letters of credit, guarantees, foreign trade financing for corporate clients and institutional investors, for both importers and exporters. Product examples include: unstructured and structured trade finance, loan and credit distribution solutions.Your key responsibilities:Your Role
As part of our global team you will work on various components as a Software Engineer. Your role includes specification, development, as well as the testing and rollout of new features. You are expected to contribute to the vision, understand our product roadmap, integrate business value with experience and contribute to building an engineering culture within the team. We expect the successful candidate to deliver high quality software and to be passionate about software engineering. You must have a proficient understanding of software development concepts. A good understanding of Cloud concepts is a plus.
Your skills and experience:
- Design and develop new functionality.
- Work with the team on functional and non-functional requirements, technical analysis, and design
- Coding and testing, reviewing other team member's changes.
- Suggest and implement best practices based on GCP.
- Document business and functional requirements, design decisions and API.
- Engage with production support team to resolve any critical issue
- Ability to collaborate with teams and individuals across the applications to accomplish common goals
- A senior developer with 8+ yrs of working experience in general programming language such as Java (more specifically Java 8+)
- Experience /knowledge on cloud native application development.
- Knowledge on kubenertis and using helm commands for deployment in GCP.
- Advanced knowledge of Application, data and infrastructure architecture principles and design patterns
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Hands-on experience building Microservices including writing Unit and Integration tests using Spring Boot, Cloud and other relevant frameworks
- Understanding and Hands-on experience in applying the Event Driven Pattern of microservices such as CQRS
- Knowledge on the Distributed Messaging platform such as Apache Kafka .
- Exposure to functional / Reactive programming is mandatory and working knowledge of functional programming in Java is expected
- Hands-on experience working on cloud native applications on platforms such as Kubernetes, Azure, Redhat Openshift
- Hands-on experience in atleast one of the DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Team City etc
- Exposure to resiliency patterns such as circuit breakers using tools such as Hystrix
- Exposure in effective operational patterns such as metrics, health checks, distributed tracing using tools like Sleuth, EFK etc
- Certified Google cloud developer or equivalent cloud platfom certification.
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirements may apply.