Description About this role About the role:
We offer the opportunity to work with a team of engaged professionals who strive to make quality software in addition to the opportunity to advance your abilities while learning about financial markets. You will have the chance to define and develop new capabilities and engage with multiple development teams and partners across the technology and investing teams. Responsibilities include:
- Development of back-end using REST and Java
- All aspects of software development including unit testing, performance optimization and resolving system issues.
- Providing support for our transaction cost platform and resolve issues that arise.
- Collaborate with other developers, market structure, and research teams to improve analysis capabilities
- Coming up with creative ideas for new features to enhance the user experience
- Experience developing applications using Angular 2(6 or higher)/React latest
- Experience developing applications in Java
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems & information retrieval
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix, and database technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in working with financial products and transaction cost analysis
10 am to 7 pm IST Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.