Role Title: Senior Finance AnalystRole Type: Contract Day Rate: CompetitiveContract Duration: 9 months Location: LondonEvery great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.Role Opportunity:
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines Warner Media's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
This role sits within the Warner Bros. Discovery International operating unit. Operating in over 200 countries, with content available in 45 languages, Warner Bros. Discovery International reaches its fans all over the world, thriving as a truly global company. The business unit manages the linear businesses and commercial activities outside the United States and is essential in helping our Direct-to-Consumer businesses maximize their reach.Opportunity Overview:
As a Senior Finance Analyst, you'll be a key business partner to the WBD UK & Ireland TV Distribution, Affiliate Network TV & TV Advertising Sales teams businesses & senior leaders. You will deliver a clear picture of future performance through accurate forecasts, confidence in actual results through consistent accounting and provide insightful reporting and analysis all while supporting the Finance Manager - Digital Video, TV & Networks on all Digital Video, TV, Affiliate Network TV, and TV Advertising Sales aspects of the business.Key Responsibilities Include:
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Scope: UK & Ireland WBD TV Distribution, Affiliate Network TV and TV Advertising Sales businesses and other businesses as directed by line management.
- Deliver planning & forecasting processes, including Budget and LRP, monthly/quarterly forecasts, and such other forecasts as required by the Head of Finance, UK & Ireland.
- Track & understand performance across the businesses to provide projections and optimise commercial success.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly close in line with Warner Bros. Discovery accounting policies and deliver insightful analysis of actual business performance.
- Development of internal reporting and processes as necessary to adapt to industry demands & changes.
- Liaison with Tech teams on data initiatives to maintain and improve database integrity.
- Provide financial support and analysis on new business initiatives and commercial negotiations as required.
- Support the Finance Manager - Digital Video, TV & Networks in all areas.
- Other duties as required by the business.
Don't hesitate and miss out on this exciting new opportunity! Apply Now!
- Graduate or high calibre candidate with the relevant work experience and competencies
- Bonus: Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with finance and non-finance people.
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to distil and convey the most important points to the right audience.
- Ability and passion for understanding finance and curating the financial story for others.
- Must have the ability to work independently and multi-task to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the media industry is highly desirable.
- Advanced Excel (model building, arrays, pivot tables), proficiency with other MS Office apps. Tableau a plus.
- Demonstrable experience of working with finance system(s), e.g. SAP, Essbase, Hyperion, Business Objects, with a willingness and ability to learn new systems quickly.