At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager to join the Product Development and Management team responsible for the Private Asset product range at M&G. This role will contribute to new product development and the ongoing management of the product range. This is a wide and diverse product range with a strong focus on alternative assets across multiple product structures and fund domiciles. Asset classes covered include private placements, leveraged finance, direct lending, asset backed securities, real estate finance, distressed debt, infrastructure debt and equity and private equity. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Essential
- Leading product management reviews, ensuring that the product range remains fit for purpose in terms of client expectations, pricing, profitability and the prevailing regulatory landscape.
- Development of new products ensuring that initiatives follow the Product Development and Management process, representing the Private Asset Product team in the development, design and delivery of new products, taking an active position in relevant Steering Committees and working groups and ensuring fund documentation is fit for purpose.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of market and industry trends and regulation and assessing their impact on the existing product set and encouraging product innovation.
- Providing product input into M&G group projects.
- Assisting with the development of product strategy for Private Assets.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk.
- Degree level academic qualification (or equivalent).
- Experience within the asset management industry, preferably in a product development / management role with demonstrable fund structuring experience in private assets.
- Good knowledge of different product structures and alternative asset classes.
- Highly motivated, proactive, resilient and flexible.
- Organised and able to manage multiple initiatives concurrently and prioritise workload appropriately.
- Self-starter with a track record of working on own initiative to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with excellent analytical and report writing skills.
Key Work Level Accountabilities - Manager or Expert
- IMC / CFA / CAIA
- Detailed knowledge of capital markets (including private debt, alternative and sustainable investment strategies)
- Detailed knowledge of a range of product jurisdictions and relevant regulations (e.g., AIFMD, UCITS, MiFID II)
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Work Level: Manager / Expert
Recruiter Name: Suzie Threlfall
Closing Date: 13th June 2023
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.