About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
Working as a senior member within a small team of mandate monitoring analysts, prime responsibilities for this role will be to support the Team Lead in ensuring that all pre and post trade incidents identified by the system and all Manual Rules Tests are reviewed in a robust and timely manner by the team and potential breaches of investment mandates or Regulations are identified, escalated and reported appropriately.
The role will require engagement with key stakeholders such as investments teams, client services, Depositaries and Blackrock. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have....
- The Senior Analyst will be expected to support the Team Manager to ensure pre and post-trade incidents flagged by the Aladdin system and manual rules tests are reviewed and resolved in a robust and timely manner and to engage with the relevant investment team (either the fund manager or PMA) to obtain further information or explanation if required.
- The Senior Analyst will be responsible for the resolution of complex incidents as well as providing oversight of incidents resolved by junior members of the team. In the event that a potential breach is identified.
- The Senior Analyst will be required to complete appropriate review and analysis, to determine whether 'active' or 'passive', to record the breach and to communicate the breach in accordance with the incident notification requirements.
- The Senior Analyst will be expected to act as the alternate for the Mandate Monitoring Team Manager in meetings with the Business or the Auditors (for example) and in respect covering the oversight processes and controls.
- The Senior Analyst will be required to work with the Mandate Coding team to review and update constraints and rules as required, and where possible to automate manual processes.
- The Senior Analyst will also be expected to work closely with data integrity and Blackrock Solutions (BRS) teams to ensure Aladdin system coverage and monitoring is complete and accurate.
- The Senior Analyst will be expected to develop good working relationships with FM's, PMA's, Client Services, IT, BRS and Data Management Teams and act as the GO TO point of contact to ensure Mandate Compliance Team performs its obligations fully and professionally.
- The Senior Analyst will be expected to take a lead role in responding to queries from clients and engagement with Depositaries. In addition to the above, the Senior Analyst will be expected to support the Team Manager in respect of improving monitoring controls, processes and procedures outside of Aladdin and to assist with the ad hoc projects as directed.
- Strong record of experience of mandate monitoring processes and incident analysis using industry standard platforms Sentinel, Charles River, thinkFolio or Aladdin (preferred). Robust knowledge and experience of the asset management industry with strong product and instrument knowledge including demonstrable knowledge of cash traded instruments across equity, debt, currency, and commodity asset classes. Good understanding of IMA documents/ Prospectuses and legal structures employed across different types of investment mandates. Good understanding of UCITS Regulatory rules pertaining to UK OEIC's, Luxembourg SICAV's, German KAG, other European UCITS and AIFMD. Good communication and analysis skills to deal with internal clients such as Fund Managers, Client Managers, IT and Data Management specialists. Ability to prioritise workload and ability to follow procedures and act upon instructions .
Desired Capabilities If you also had this, it would be great....
- Strong record of experience of mandate monitoring processes and incident analysis using industry standard platforms Sentinel, Charles River, Thinkfolio or Aladdin.
- Robust knowledge and experience of the Asset Management industry
- Strong product and instrument knowledge including demonstrable knowledge of cash traded instruments across equity, debt, currency and commodity asset classes.
- Good understanding of IMA documents/ Prospectuses and legal structures employed across different types of investment mandates.
- Good understanding of UCITS Regulatory Rules pertaining to UK OEIC's, Luxembourg SICAV's, German KAG, other European UCITS and AIFMD
- Good communication and analysis skills to deal with internal clients such as Fund Managers, Client Managers, IT and Data Management specialists.
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to follow procedures and act upon instructions
- A good understanding of ETD and OTC derivative instruments applicable to mandate monitoring responsibilities, especially with respect to UCITS rules in pertaining to Leverage, Commitment and VaR.
- Some knowledge of German/ Austrian KAGGs and US mutual funds.
- IMC or other equivalent industry qualification.