Job Title: Investment Manager - Natural Capital Work Location - 22 Bishopsgate, London (Hybrid) Contract Type: Permanent
At AXA IM our purpose, to act for human progress by investing for what matters, is central to every action we take as a business. As a responsible asset manager, we actively invest for the long-term to help our clients, our people and the world to prosper.
As a future Investment Manager for Natural Capital, you will report to our Natural Capital Lead, and you will be part of AXA IM Impact Investing team. DISCOVER your opportunity
Working as a Investment Manager for Natural Capital, you would be responsible for sourcing, assessing, underwriting and managing Natural Capital deals across direct equity and carbon project financing in support of AXA's EUR500m commitment to Natural Capital, leveraging access to strategic equity partners, transaction modelling, execution and monitoring, building relationships with the carbon market participants such as project developers and co-investors to access deal flow and establish an investment universe.
Your role and responsibilities will include: Deal Execution
- Source and execute deals across Natural Capital platform
- Investment analysis and financial modelling per company / project
- Present investment opportunities to investment committees and clients
- Work with existing strategic equity partners, and establish new ones, to create access to projects
Impact Investing Team
- Build relationships with carbon market participants from project developers to co-investors, DFIs, NGOs and regulatory bodies to access deal flow and establish an investment universe
- Screen and rank the pipeline to prioritise opportunities
External Stakeholder Management
- Support the team in sourcing, meeting management, database maintenance, analysis and investment recommendations
- Monitor and report on the financial and impact performance and risk profile of existing portfolio investments
Internal Stakeholder Management
- Interface with third party service providers relating to due diligence and deal execution
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders including risk, compliance, legal, operations, audit and build effective working relationships and processes to ensure efficient execution
SHARE your unique expertise
- Participate in co-ordinating projects in the impact investing team including new product development; process improvement; system implementation
- Extract impact data from transactions and build a methodology to report
We welcome different combinations of skills & experiences.
Your qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience investing across an array of private market assets
- Track record of assessing private equity and forestry, agriculture and carbon project financing deals from sourcing and structuring through to execution
- Experience at building sophisticated financial models and valuation techniques
- Previous exposure to, and a strong interest in, the Natural Capital sector
- Emerging market experience
- Ability to bring new ideas to the investment process
- Entrepreneurial attitude and highly motivated individual
- Ability to work well alongside team members in a fast-paced team environment, including with colleagues and counterparties based in different regional offices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills supporting robust written and oral presentations
- Self-starter with the ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects effectively
- Highly numerical and analytical
- Willingness to travel internationally to remote rural locations (with a focus on Africa, Latin America and SE Asia).
- Proven experience in international private equity / project finance and relevant University degree
We would love to know more about you. Let's connect! Send us your resume.