Description About this role Business Overview
The Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA's principal objectives are to advance the firm's risk management practices and to deliver independent risk expertise and constructive challenge to drive better business and investment outcomes. RQA's risk managers play a meaningful role in BlackRock's investment process, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skills to tackle real-world problems and provide tangible solutions in the investment management process.
RQA is committed to investing in our people to increase individual enablement and ultimately build a stronger team. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion which encourages collaboration, innovation, diversity and the development our future leaders. We actively engage in discussions on career growth and work with team members to understand how personal passions and strength connect with our purpose. Fixed Income Risk Management
You will partner with the fixed income businesses to deliver independent risk oversight, risk advice, and provide quantitative analysis to assist with portfolio construction, performance measurement, product design and investor engagement. Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting in facilitating discussions with portfolio managers on all aspects of the portfolio construction process, working with portfolio managers to understand the exposures and risks taken, and providing the necessary risk oversight by ensuring that senior management is advised of risks.
- Partnering with senior risk managers to help ensure that the risks are fully understood and are consistent with clients' objectives and risk constraints
- Regular monitoring of portfolio risks and presenting pertinent analyses on markets, portfolio risk and performance drivers to portfolio management teams
- Partnering with various groups within BlackRock in developing new and improving existing analytics and quantitative models to advance the state of quantitative risk management
- Understanding how macroeconomic factors and market dynamics drive the investment decision-making process
- Helping portfolio managers with portfolio construction and scenario analysis
- 3+ years of proven experience in risk management, research, or portfolio management.
- Experience with Aladdin infrastructure and production process highly desired and a strong plus
- Expertise in fixed income products, investments, and portfolio construction techniques; Experience of equity risk management also a plus.
- An ability to explain complex ideas in simple but impactful terms in order to influence portfolio construction decisions
- A passion for applying quantitative techniques to real-world problems including analyzing portfolio risk taking and understanding financial markets
- Extensive experience with factor models, scenario analysis, stress-testing, performance attribution, and other risk-related metrics and tools
- An advanced degree in mathematics, quantitative finance, computer science, economics, statistics, engineering or another quantitative field
- Proven coding skills, i.e. Python, R etc.
- FRM and/or CFA designation is a plus
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $118,750 - $140,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.