PenderFund Capital Management Ltd (“Pender”) is an independent, employee-owned, value-based investment firm founded in 2003. We are one of the fastest growing investment firms in Canada, and our goal is to be the first choice for investors looking to protect and grow their capital. We have grown from a couple of people with a passion for investing into a diverse and inclusive workplace of 70 people by seeking out and hiring the most qualified, talented, and experienced people.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the development of our firm. We are seeking an Investment Specialist who will be a key contributor to our client engagement and fund development initiatives. This is a cross functional role that will work closely with the Investment, Marketing and Sales teams to enhance our fund positioning and go to market planning. We are looking for a thoughtful, articulate, results-oriented and collaborative professional who will develop industry leading go to market strategies in alignment with the firm’s brand attributes, overall marketing strategy and business goals. This role will play a key part in raising awareness and supporting strong relationships with fundamental, long-term investors.
Main responsibilities include:
- Contribute significantly to the design and execution of plans to grow and/or launch funds which address our clients' needs and leverage the strengths and competencies of our investment team. Responsible for gathering and sharing client insights, researching market opportunities, competitive analysis, industry flows and trends.
- Work as part of a team to develop market and competitive positioning, and fund messaging to clearly articulate product differentiation and value proposition to current and prospective clients.
- Work in partnership with Investments, Marketing and Sales in a cross functional capacity to communicate investment strategies internally and externally with the goal of building awareness with fundamental, long-term investors and growing AUM across investment strategies to our key target audiences:
- Work with the Investment team leads to understand investment strategies, fund performance and key differentiators and translate the content into impactful messages and insights.
- Translate key messages into compelling presentations, positioning statements and fund updates.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Sales teams to develop and deliver client responsive content marketing and sales collateral.
- Writing and/or contributing to investment thought leadership content - white papers, blog posts, etc.
- Work closely with the Client Service team to produce best-in-class client reporting.
- Review quarterly and ad-hoc reporting and respond to client reporting inquiries on a timely basis.
- Provide specialist support for RFP/RFI and DDQ process by providing investment level content and data.
- 3+ years experience in roles related to developing investor communications, fund development and/or go to market strategies. Experience across public and private mandates would be preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Progression in the CFA program is an asset.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills. Capable of producing high quality presentation materials and investment thought leadership content.
- Strong team player: excellent communication and collaboration skills and the ability to build rapport and trust with team members and stakeholders across Pender.
- Strong execution and process management experience with the ability to manage different priorities simultaneously and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and the drive to build and develop a business in an entrepreneurial, performance-oriented culture.
What’s in it for you?
- Great compensation (competitive base and bonus with the opportunity for employee share ownership plus a benefits package).
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and career advancement.
- You can work from the office or a combination of home and office, collaborating with a talented and growing team.
Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion:
Pender is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that recognizes and values differences. It is a core principle at Pender that an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace simply makes us better. A diverse team with a range of knowledge and experience makes better decisions, which means better results for our stakeholders. We do not discriminate on any basis and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. When selecting candidates for employment, promotion, training or any other benefits, it is on the basis of aptitude and ability. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.