Job Title: Site Lead - 1CP
Department: Corporate Real Estate Solutions (CRES)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
About Global Site Leadership
The Global Site Leadership and Workforce Mobility's purpose is to build on the successful execution of the Location Strategy (LS). Now the Strategic Site footprint has been established, the focus is now on ensuring we meet the evolving Business needs, the People Priorities, and extract value from the sites. The remit of the Corporate Real Estate Solutions (CRES) Site Lead encompasses Campus Maintenance, Campus Engagement and Campus Efficiency & Effectiveness which involves a data led approach and measuring success across the campuses in the UK, US and India by identifying synergies, measuring productivity, map team activity and capture the value and efficiency of our strategic sites so we can maintain a viable future, face unparalleled challenges and support future growth.
Overall purpose of role
The CRES Site Lead will support the Global Head of Site Leadership & Workforce Mobility, the relevant Site Lead and their teams to lead the delivery of the approach that will transform our strategic sites to deliver what is required to maintain a purpose driven organisation that is business focused, cost effective and agile in meeting the needs of the business. The role holder will be accountable for overseeing and supporting driving a consistently excellent workplace experience, optimising the productivity and wellbeing of our workforce.
By aligning our colleagues to strategic sites to a consistent "Charter, we can future proof sites and meet our People Priorities:
• Build leadership capability
• Build a diverse and inclusive workforce
• Develop colleagues and build the workforce of the future
• Share outcome-focussed activity (hybrid working)
• Strengthen culture and colleague engagement by driving face to face collaboration, training and development
• Building up specialist skills, career paths and increasing colleague internal mobility
• Colleague alignment will be governed through a controlled resource management process
The Charter acts as the 'default' for aligned roles, although as per the Location Principles, Resilience/ concentration and Proportionality are considerations CRES & LS will deliver an optimal workplace experience to attract, retain and engage colleagues.
By embedding Pillar Site Outcomes will help us define the value of our workplace, increasing colleague participation and engagement, and leading to a more productive workplace. By aligning our outcomes, we can better leverage resources and ensure consistency. This is driven by our Site Leadership and Pillar lead model which consists of:
• Targeted Solutions in conjunction with Local Site Leads
• Track Progress via Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR's)
• Improved experience resulting in engaged colleagues
• Effective time in office with greater participation
Ultimately, improving the workplace experience for all colleagues.
• CRES Partner to relevant Site Leaders to help the Site Lead achieve their site's objectives:
o Campus Maintenance (BAU Colleague Services, Health & Safety, Maintenance & Engineering, Food & Beverage, Curated Experience, Sustainability, Risk Management).
o Campus Engagement (Campus SteerCo, Colleague Comms, Curated Experience, Pillar Outcomes & Employee Resource Groups, External Engagement including Local/ Regulatory bodies).
o Campus Efficiency & Effectiveness (Management of Hybrid Working, Campus Seating & Capacity, Campus Technology e.g. Tech Bar; Team Mate; Connectivity, Travel/Commute/Parking).
• CRES partner to work in partnership with pillar leads to drive site optimisation ROI and pillar outcomes which are measurable and specific.
• Ensure CRES operational deliverables are aligned to the site charter.
• Act as a conduit between the Site Lead/ stakeholders and CRES to represent respective agendas; and provide seamless solutions.
• Drive site charter/ scorecard CRES deliverables; and provide insights to the site QBR to optimise and future proof the site and set the site and Site Leader up for success.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
• Given the size, scale and complexity of the Site Leadership and workforce mobility agenda for our strategic sites, which spans all of global Barclays execution Services (BX), Barclays International (BI) and Barclays UK (BUK) businesses, the role holder will have senior internal and external stakeholder responsibilities and manage the coordination of relationships with a range of stakeholders including the relevant Site Lead, site Steering Committee, business unit leaderships, external bodies and support functions across Barclays, comfortably negotiating, influencing and challenging senior leaders.
• The role holder will find innovative ways to embed more efficient processes and help speed up the end-to-end time frame with a focus on improving site optimization through driving site utilization, working with site pillars on the site effectiveness and employee and business value proposition that the site brings.
• Provide constructive and meaningful challenge and feedback with the wider leadership team which drives innovation, improved performance, consistency of approach and execution of delivery
• Where relevant, manage global internal team through both direct and matrix management structures, supported by framework agreements with third party expertise where required.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The role holder will have the ability to make and influence decisions within pre-defined levels and guidance, using support tools to aid decision making with customers and in relation to operational decisions. The CRES Lead will act as a subject matter expert which may involve the analysis of data and processes to identify the root cause and improve processes and controls.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Strong people management and leadership skills with experience of working in a matrix management model where influencing and challenging skills have been highly leveraged.
• Ability to communicate effectively and experience of negotiating in a sphere of influence at all levels, including MD level.
• Experienced corporate real estate professional with an understanding of functional requirements of the estate or strong knowledge of Barclays and how it is organised, goals, financials, staffing and structure.
• Proven project management, change management skills and transformation expertise.
• Experience of a range of appropriate change/programme management methodologies, including exposure to governance, controls and risk management.
• Previous relevant experience within complex organisations with global span and in effecting complex business change.
• A self-starter with the ability to relentlessly execute an ambitious change agenda effectively.
• Execution focussed and output driven.
• Ability to influence organisation wide strategic initiatives.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving expertise.
• Ability to breakdown silos and reach across functions and organisations with the ability to break down unnecessary bureaucracy that is not effective.
• Expertise of identifying and avoiding duplication of initiatives and leverage information and insights from other groups, drive discussions using fact-based arguments.
• Creative thinker with the ability to problem solving in an agile way showing resilience to overcome problems creating only sustainable long-term solutions.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• Has full working knowledge and skills, principles, and theory for their area; actively participates in continual professional development.
• Willing and eager to learn new technical skills and therefore must be a leader, a confident and articulate presenter with the ability to capture succinct points to ensure impact on delivery and influence at senior levels.
• Engagement /collaboration/ working with the business and Site Lead.
• Acting as the Barclays representative to external bodies and stakeholders in all campus related activity.
• Ability to influence CRES partners and act as a link between all CRES pillars, the business and Site Lead.
• The ability to pull all stakeholder interests together to optimise campus use and positive sentiment with colleagues.
• Accepts and sets stretching targets, pursues them energetically.
• Puts in a sustained effort to get things right, stays focused on the end result; delivers ahead of expectations.
• Takes ownership of issues to resolve them, gets work done reliably.
• Adapts willingly, flexible to changes effecting own work.
• Thinks of novel adaptations to improve existing processes and practices; open minded, takes change in their stride.
• Strong attention to detail; ties up loose ends; sticks to relevant procedures.
• Meets quality, speed, and cost standards, even in times of organisational change; gets things done consistently right first time, takes pride in their work.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.