At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. Paraplanner - 12 months FTC/ Secondment The Team:
The Paraplanning team takes responsibility for preparing and maintaining detailed client files and records. The highest compliance standards are critical to Sandringham and being able to provide context to clients in relation to their advice journey is a pre-requisite. Our support frees up the Financial Planner's time to focus attention on client-facing duties. The Role:
Reporting to the Head of Paraplanning, you will undertake quality data gathering to ensure the Paraplanners have all the required documentation to carry out an analysis of the client's current circumstances and develop a financial plan suitable to meet the goals of the client. You will have analytical skills to assess documentation standards in line with the regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for compiling the research and suitability in private wealth focussed areas across protection/investments/pensions.
This role is based within our Paraplanning team at Sandringham Financial Partners. We are one of the market leading independent national advice firms offering a fresh and innovative approach to financial advice. A key team within the business is our Paraplanning team who help support 180+ advising partners within the Sandringham network.
The role would be a great opportunity for those looking to progress their career within a Paraplanning function. The role will offer ongoing development and training and an excellent salary and benefits package, and importantly, you'll be part of a dynamic and quality focused team with an exceptional reputation in the market. Key Responsibilities for this role
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- To conduct quality analysis and research to arrive the most suitable outcome for the client, enabling effective judgements on the suitability of client outcomes and supporting documentary evidence, in line with regulatory and internal standards.
- To advise on quality outcomes, providing clear professional communication to advisers with adequate rationale.
- To advise concise information during case completion on outcomes achieved and where quality can be improved to develop advisers to achieve better client outcomes and file quality documentation.
- To operate collaboratively with colleagues to improve overall quality outcomes and provide consistent compliant files.
- Build a rapport with the advisers within the firm and other Compliance Departments to ensure that good relationships are maintained.
- Contribute into the design and implementation of quality standards, identifying any trends and proposing resolutions to achieve the required standards.
- Achievement of individual productivity targets and objectives.
- Maintaining client confidentiality at all times.
- Relevant professional qualification (CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or suitable alternative at Level 4 or above) is essential for the role or could be achieved within 6 months.
- Detailed knowledge of assessing suitability of advice outcomes , ideally from working in a compliance function.
- Detailed knowledge of Pension and Investment products is essential to the role.
- Working knowledge of Risk, Compliance and Advice in UK financial services.
- Some experience of Financial Services regulation, in particular in the context of suitability would be an advantage
Work Level: Colleague
Recruiter: Phoebe Ewers
Closing Date: 1st June 2023
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.