At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. Senior Pricing Associate, CRIS
The Corporate Risk and Investment Solutions (CRIS) team was formed in 2021 in order to maximise M&G's competitive advantage as both asset owner (Insurer) and asset manager. It has a broad remit to grow global insurance AUM through designing and delivering products/solutions, including for defined benefit pension schemes.
Due to ongoing success and a strong opportunity set, the team is adding headcount in a number of areas. This role is focused on producing buy-in and buyout quotes of the highest quality in a timely manner, enhancement of the bulk annuity pricing framework, and development of wider CRIS solutions, including unique transaction structures not yet brought to market. CRIS has ambitious new business targets and is looking for exceptional people who will help deliver results. Full study support will be included. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- End-to-end production of buy-in and buyout quotes, including checking and delegation of work to junior team members
- Working with colleagues from across the business and outsourcing partners to integrate commercial, investment, longevity, project management and structuring workstreams into pricing
- Supporting directors and senior stakeholders with technical analysis, strategy, business planning and ad hoc queries
- Supporting distribution and transaction management colleagues with the production of high quality client deliverables and wider relationship management activities
- Supporting the development of new and enhanced modelling capability, including tech solutions across the CRIS pricing infrastructure
- Supporting the ongoing development of novel bulk annuity transaction structures, reinsurance solutions, and new product lines
- Opportunity to rotate into other positions within wider CRIS and Insurance Solutions teams, dependent on candidate preference
- Study mentoring and wider development support to junior team members
- Commercially minded nearly or newly qualified actuary with exceptional technical skills
- Experience of bulk annuity pricing (buy or sell-side) strongly preferred
- Understanding of UK DB pensions preferred
- Understanding of Solvency II for life insurance, in particular balance sheet construction, liability discounting, asset strategy & ALM preferred
- Experience of developing/structuring and pricing institutional insurance products beneficial
- Understanding of non-standard capital and reinsurance structures beneficial
- Ambitious and self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative/prioritise workload to strict deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience of VBA or actuarial modelling software beneficial
Location: London (preferred) however flexible for candidates within Edinburgh or Dublin locations
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.