As a Barclays Negotiator - Master Trading Documentation France, you will be accountable for drafting, negotiating, and executing various master trading documentation in support of the Barclays Markets business. For this role, you will be recognised as a subject matter expert on both the ISDA (International Swaps and Derivatives Association) Master Agreements & French language agreements managed by GCS (Global Contract Services), and you will primarily focus on assisting Barclays businesses for the Paris desk and Barclays French clients.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Drafting, negotiating, and executing capital markets contract documentation with an assigned portfolio of Barclays counterparties (e.g., ISDA Master Agreement)
• Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhering to associated guidelines and procedures
• Maintaining up to date, working knowledge of the products covered and applicable regulations
• Conducting independent legal research and manage relationships with external counsel, where necessary, in accordance with Barclays requirements on external legal spend
• Determining processes that can be improved around data capture, technology, and documentation
• Assisting team members in managing negotiations with clients, including imparting know-how on possible approaches
• Drafting of variations and working closely with Markets lawyers on issues associated with those variations
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent
• Excellent command of French
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Experience with a financial services firm or law firm
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Law degree or qualified lawyer admitted in France, England & Wales or other jurisdiction
• Ability to navigate through various IT systems used by the Legal function
• Familiarity with regulatory project implementation
• Proficiency or competence in other language (e.g., Spanish or Italian)
Where will you be working?
Barclays Snowhill is at the heart of the professional district and commands a workforce of around 1000. With great transport links to Birmingham Grand Central and Snowhill train stations as well as the local metro. Our office has a dedicated staff coffee shop and deli and break out areas for staff. There is also a presentation theatre for client and staff events. Our office boasts a great working environment as well as opportunities to network across the city.