Join the Close Brothers Internal Audit Team where you will operate as a team member on audits across a number of the different Banking divisions. Working with experienced Banking audit leads, you will contribute to the successful delivery of the audit in planning, fieldwork and reporting.RESPONSIBILITIES
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Supporting delivery of end to end audit activities within Group Internal Audit (GIA).
- Producing quality analysis and input to the annual risk assessment process and related annual audit plan.
- Contributing to delivery of quality risk-based, value adding audit work on a timely basis in line with methodology:
- Leading sections and assisting with co-ordination of audits, including engagement in planning, execution, reporting and audit file completion.
- Managing relationships with business staff professionally and effectively.
- Drafting high quality detailed, relevant and accurate audit workpapers and documents on the effectiveness of the bank's internal control environment.
- Tracking allocated outstanding management actions through to closure, ensuring they are appropriately resolved with supporting evidence or escalated in a timely manner.
- Supporting business monitoring to ensure that GIA is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and audit response is developed as necessary.
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
- You have a proven understanding of risk and controls principles.
- You have a high level of motivation and ability to work in an organised manner under pressure.
- You have the ability to build strong relationships with auditees.
- You have excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- You have influencing and negotiation skills
- You are competence to deliver work on time and to budget.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience in business, accounting or a related field.
- Track record of working in internal audit roles, preferably with a reputable banking / financial institution, or top tier assurance experience.
- Big 4 or UK Banking experience will be viewed favourably.
- Strong knowledge of the Banking / Financial Services industry, including credit and conduct risk and UK banking regulations applicable to Close Brothers.
- Financial services related qualifications such as Chartered Accountant, CFA, FRM, CIA, CISA etc. will be considered advantageous.
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a call back.