Overview Manager, Client Service Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Lead Manager, Client Service
to join our Paying Agency Client Services_Client Service Delivery - SSD team.
This role is in Pune, MH
. Shift: US Hours In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways: Job Summary
: This position serves as the day-to-day contact for the assigned client accounts with primary responsibility for the end-to-end management of such accounts after onboarding through and including account termination. The group will provide day-to-day administration of a portfolio of external client accounts where BNY Mellon is appointed as the Paying Agent, Fiscal Agent, Registrar, Refunding Escrow Agent, or Custodian. Accounts include fixed rate paying agent/registrar deals, refunding escrows and cost of issuance custodian accounts. Primary Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following: Skill Requirements/ Experience
- Client Service Manager works with external clients to monitor and resolve more complex day-to-day issues while co-ordinating with appropriate resources/teams at BNY Mellon.
- Supports clients in addressing more complex operational and technical issues and ensuring requests are executed within the timeline.
- Applies intermediate problem-solving skills, experience and judgement to analyse information.
- Uses communication skills to deliver high quality service to a specialized client base.
- Uses knowledge of client issues and needs to contribute to business development efforts.
- Provides clients information related to BNY Mellon products and services representing multiple lines of business and geographies and directs them to the appropriate resources, as needed.
- Act as an escalation contact for the entire team.
- Leverages a good understanding of broader BNY Mellon services and offerings.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Inform the Back-up promptly about any significant changes in the client relationship.
- Prompt communication/escalation of extraordinary, difficult and risk-laden client inquiries, as well as complaints
- Preparedness to take on back-up functions.
- Supports multiple, moderately complex client accounts.
- Working co-operatively and inclusively in a team environment to achieve shared objectives.
- Providing clients with high quality operational support.
- Ensuring that good client relations are maintained, and inquiries are researched and resolved efficiently.
- Navigating internal resources to resolve moderately complex external client's day-to-day issues.
- Monitoring client inquiries, resolving non-routine issues and escalating complex/risk issues to the appropriate leader, as and when needed.
- Participating in internal activities and initiatives designed to identify process improvements to enhance the external client experience.
- Documentation of any client communication.
- Good communication skills to deliver high quality service to external clients.
- Applying problem-solving skills, experience and judgement to analyse information.
- Preparedness to take on back-up functions.
- We have people management responsibilities. Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- Knowledge of Fixed-Income Securities markets, Money market, Derivatives and Capital Market.
- Knowledge of the Custody Life Cycle.
- Strong in reviewing the client governing documents and interpreting the same.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong oral and written, fluency in English language is a must.
- Problem-solving orientation.
- De-escalating (as required).
- Efficient, structured, independent and autonomous working.
- Knowledge about systems, their logic and interaction.
- Responsible time management.
- Adherence to the internal control, reporting and compliance guidelines.
- Ability to motivate and develop people.
- Lead change initiatives.
- Leadership Skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education is required.
Minimum 10+ years of prior experience in operations (Corporate Trust, Client Facing, Client Servicing Functions). At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.