Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognises outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognised for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $9 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility: our proprietary technology Aladdin and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Technology & Operations (T&O) is responsible for the firm's worldwide operations across all asset classes and geographies. The operational functions are aligned with clients, products, fund structures and our third-party provider networks. Global Investment Operations (GIO), a function within T&O, is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. Professionals hired into this role will become intimate with all operational flows and operational processes, including architecting operational solutions and managing relationships with portfolio managers and traders, our end clients, brokers, custodian banks, fund accountants, administrators and more.
The Client Order Management (COM) Team serves as a central point of contact for our global clients and internal departments who wish to instruct investment changes. We are responsible for receiving, coordinating and facilitating client trade instructions into/from BLK funds including client query management. The team supports the client through the investment process, from notification to settlement, in close coordination with internal BLK groups and external third parties. The COM team is tasked with ensuring that order placement is accurate and consistent through an optimal and efficient operating model. COM leverages Aladdin technology to provide first class client service via emails and telephone, assisting with any ad-hoc client requests. What You Will Do
Who You Will Ideally Be Curious
- Foster strong internal & external relationships, with a focus on collaboration & client service excellence
- Deliver a superior client experience via query management and onboarding
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, deliverables are accurate and competently prepared.
- Be a risk manager: identifying, leading and mitigating operational risks and raising risk and service issues on a timely basis
- Lead and motivate the team towards finding opportunities for process enhancements and other strategic operational enhancements that facilitates operational processes or mitigates operational risk
- Actively contribute to the success of projects executed within the team
- Demonstrate a desire to develop skills, working with your team and manager to expand your expertise.
- Serve as a coach or provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- You are an innovative thinker, constantly looking for ways to skilfully adjust and optimize processes. You care about the quality of your input and have a clear understanding of your end goal, bringing people on the journey in an effective way Driven
- You are a people person who can talk to anyone - and most importantly, listen. You are a self-starter with highly developed negotiation and influencing skills, motivated to take the initiative and achieve goals. You can also play the diplomat, but be decisive, too. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team. You are passionate about solving difficult issues Adaptable
- You are outcome focussed and can solve sophisticated problems in a dynamic, fast paced environment with the ability to multi-task to keep up with deadlines Growth Mindset
- You will strive to enhance your skills and knowledge on a regular basis, challenging the status quo Collaborative
- You foster strong internal & external relationships, with a focus on collaboration & client service What You Will Need
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Possess good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Able to work effectively with others in a team environment with diverse approaches and thinking styles.
- Ability to effectively navigate applications such as Excel, Outlook, Windows
- Organize and multi-task to execute and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Thorough attention to detail balanced with a common sense approach
- Communicate effectively by simplifying complex themes and tailoring messaging to your audience
- Collaborate in a team environment with an execution mindset
- Build constructive relationships with internal and external partners to achieve goals
- Manage time and adapt in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.