Salary: £80,000- £115,000
My client, a leading energy trading company is seeking a skilled Market Risk Analyst to join its dynamic team. As a key member of the Market Risk team, you will play a crucial role in identifying, evaluating, and controlling market risks associated with our diverse portfolio of physical and contractual assets.
• Identify, assess, report, and monitor market risks across our commodity portfolio
• Analyse trading and hedging strategies, highlighting material weaknesses or overlooked risks
• Produce market risk reports and provide ad hoc analysis, with a focus on reconciling and commenting on market risk measures
• Provide risk insights to senior management through scenario analyses and quantitative modelling
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement and test new business and product frameworks
• Maintain strong knowledge of energy markets, staying updated on industry developments
• 5+ years of experience in an Energy/Commodity Trading firm or Investment Bank
• Degree(s) in quantitative/technical subjects or relevant professional certifications
• Strong knowledge of physical and financial wholesale energy markets, preferably with a focus on LNG
• Proficiency in risk management methodologies such as Value at Risk, Stress Testing, and Option Pricing
• Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and commercial awareness
• Familiarity with data analysis tools such as VBA, SQL, Power BI, Python, R, MATLAB, C#, C++.NET, Alteryx
If you're interested in this role click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email your CV to Hadjra.Sohawon@goodmanmasson.com to ensure that you do not miss out on this excellent opportunity!
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.