As a Barclays Technical Analyst, you will be joining the Transaction Monitoring team within the Wholesale onboarding Financial Crime. For this role, you will be instrumental in and be responsible for implementing the role's perform activities related to the business requirements gathering, data analysis, documentation, coordination between business and development teams for new, or existing, Barclays' software applications and information systems as per the key accountabilities described below.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Liaising and collaborating among project stakeholders to elicit, review, communicate, and validate features for new functionality/existing systems
• Working in industry/market trends in the Anti-Money Laundering / Transaction Monitoring domain
• Understanding of Customer Journeys in the Compliance, Risk domains and Improves systems by studying current practices
• Reviewing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
• Conducting data analysis on the identified source systems, identifying/documenting gaps in terms of data quality and documentation of all the work
• Mapping the existing source data elements to the new proposed target solution
• Recommending controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures
• Transferring as reference for users by writing and maintaining user documentation
What we're looking for:
• Excellent written and oral communication with extensive experience in financial services or highly regulated industry
• Appropriate experience as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst or other similar role and exposure in Banking domain with Business retail knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of SQL, writing queries, and validating data
• Ability to understand, analyse & document complex processes, features, and stories
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Financial Crime or Compliance experience is preferred
• Experience in Anti Money Laundering (AML) domain - SAM AML TM Actimize knowledge preferable
• Appropriate experience in managing a team
• Knowledge and understanding of various Payment messages (e.g. - SWIFT messages)
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.