About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
As a Desktop Analyst, you'll be providing 2nd line technical support and advice function for both internal Threadneedle users and external business partners, across all of Columbia Threadneedle Investments platforms and services. To deliver a robust and responsive service with strong technical expertise gained within a 2nd line support team. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
- Ensuring timely resolution of incidents and requests.
- Take ownership of issues and any escalation ensuring timely resolution and follow-up to prevent recurrence
- Ensure appropriate tracking and management of non-standard project requests
- Ensuring strong collaborative working with the other service delivery teams, especially the service Desk and Wintel teams to provide the business with an all-encompassing level of support and service.
- Ensuring the implementation of best practice and compliance with internal procedures, routines and protocols including security, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Through the effective use of a knowledge base, ensure sharing and transfer of knowledge both within the immediate team and across other teams within IT Service Delivery.
- Where appropriate, ensure support and maintenance provided by 3rd party suppliers and contractors is delivered within agreed service levels.
- Participate in a rota system to provide cover between 07:00 and 1800 Monday to Friday (as appropriate).
- Participate in an on call rota to provide 24x7 support
Overtime as required, e.g. power down, desk moves, out of hours fixes for production environment. Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have....
- Microsoft Windows/Active Directory
- Windows10/11 support
- Desktop Hardware new builds
- Microsoft System Centre (SCCM)
- Application Deployment through SCCM
- Desktop Workstation Security patching through SCCM
- MS Teams
- Market Data Bloomberg and Reuters Eikon
- Microsoft Office 365
- Remote Support Tools, MS Direct Access, Teams, Zoom, VPN
- iPad / iPhone / Windows Phone configuration