Market Risk VP
City of London
£550-£700 per day
CER Financial are working alongside a diverse well established mid-tier bank, based in the City of London. They are looking for a Market Risk VP to work with them on a contract basis.
They are looking for someone to support transformation of developing universal corporate & investment banking model through integration of securities trading activities and banking products.
The role will require in-depth analysis to influence design and understand the impact on core Credit Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Liquidity activities, plus collaboration across project teams to solve problems.
The major part of the role is hands on support and extensive UAT, ensuring appropriate governance, transparency, and oversight and that the rationale, progress and decision making is robustly documented and evidenced.
The role is mostly around system changes but will also require liaising with businesses to define and implement changes in the operating model, applications and spreadsheets.
The Responsibilities of a Market Risk VP will include:
• Review all in scope systems, applications and spreadsheets.in order to build a better and more robust reporting framework
• Liaising with RMD colleagues to ensure all risks are captured appropriately and ensuring design and system changes are clearly documented
• Support the Heads of the Risk departments for extensive UAT, planning and execution
• Supporting the Risk Reporting teams for extensive UAT, planning and execution
The Successful Market Risk VP will have:
• Good understanding of Risk systems and Risk terminology
• Good VBA knowledge, i.e Python, SQL is essential
• Good working knowledge of Power BI or similar
• Self-motivator, proactive, positive "can-do" attitude
• Expert of end to end UAT process and execution
• Good understanding of projects
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with peers across EMEA
• Ability to work in high pressure / high demand situations
• Excellent prioritisation and time management with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Preferable, but not essential, 5 years' experience in Risk
If you are interested in this role, call us on or email Simon Blau email@example.com / 0207 626 6065.