Sr Quant Risk Development Associate is responsible for developing/implementing Risk/Pricing Models that evaluate counterparty exposures to the Clearing House and their C++ implementation and testing for Windows and Linux. The models include pricing asset classes constituting CME portfolios, models related to Value-at-Risk, Liquidity, Regulatory Capital, and compliant with Stress Testing and other model validation techniques. The role implies developing tools for Portfolio Analytics and particularly Sensitivities, Margin Coverage, Risk Scenario generation, Liquidity charges, and reports.This role would fit someone with hands on experience risk model implementation and/or pricing models in IRS, FX, CDS, Swaptions, or Futures/Commodities and participation in C ++ projects.
- Code development of new quantitative risk models within the CME C++ production risk library (based on mathematical specifications and research code)
- Writing unit and functional test cases and obtaining test data from systems or other groups
- Work with the QA teams to ensure correctness not only within the risk library itself but also the integration into the wider system infrastructure (e.g. data integrity, correct usage)
- Work with IT teams to help bring the code into production
- Agreeing on time lines, milestones, interfaces, required data, format, and providing documentation and usage assistance
- Lead or manage junior quantitative developers and mentor/develop skills among junior quant developers
- Responsible for code reviews, design discussions and documentation
- Collaborate with offshore development teams and coordinate projects to guarantee a timely delivery
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Experience in developing finance related software with an emphasis on (numerical) algorithms (e.g. pricing or calibration)
- Possession of good analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills, with good quantitative skills being a plus
- Ability to read and understand mathematical and algorithmic specifications
- Good knowledge of C++ with strong working knowledge in STL and 4 + years of experience
- Basic knowledge of Java and/or C#
- Working knowledge of versioning systems (e.g. git) and development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- System experience with Linux/Unix environments, databases, Latex documentation system is a plus
- Ability lead or mentor junior developers (onshore and offshore) and to collaborate with other teams (onshore and offshore)
- Good presentation/writing skills on code documentation, white papers, etc. as well as strong oral and written communication skills
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
At CME Group, we embrace our employees' diverse experiences, cultures and skills, and work to ensure that everyone's perspectives are acknowledged and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and consider all potential employees without regard to any protected characteristic.