In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose :
Analyst role within the Project Finance-LSF department, to support the origination and execution of project finance opportunities.
LSF originates loans from plain vanilla to complex/ structured transactions (including project finance loans, syndicated corporate loans, corporate acquisition loans, leveraged loans, bridge loans, share financings). Within LSF, the Project Finance team originates, executes and manages cashflow based financings (with or without recourse) and financial advisory mandates across power and renewables, Oil & gas, infrastructure and other sectors in Asia-Pacific (excluding Australia). Responsibilities Direct Responsibilities :
- Origination: Support LSF senior originators (VPs, Directors and Managing Directors) in the origination of loans across Asia-Pacific, including idea generation, prospect identification, initial debt sizing (incl. financial modelling) and pitch book preparation, in coordination with various internal teams
- Execution of financing and advisory mandates:
- Draft initial screening memos, credit applications and other internal papers on the transactions, running of pricing models under the supervision of senior team members
- Undertake detailed financial modelling and assist in preparation of information memorandum and bankability studies for advisory and arranging transactions
- Support in loan structuring, term sheet drafting/ negotiations and financing documentation reviews/ negotiations.
- Responsible for and coordinate all closing and funding related tasks and liaise with other internal teams e.g. KYC on boarding and Coverage/RM's on completing the internal administrative process for credit application/approval and procedures for funding
- Monitoring: Lead and support transaction monitoring including preparing annual reviews and process waiver requests working with the senior members of the team
- Ensure compliance with Bank's policies/procedures and regulatory requirements, in particular with regard to the KYC responsibilities and duties, as per relevant policies and procedures
- Assist the team in preparation of annual budgets and periodic reporting
- Other tasks as required or defined from time to time
Technical & Behavioral Competencies :
- Liaison with clients/ external parties and other CMG teams /Corporate Coverage as and when required
- Support on cross selling other banking services to client
- Contribute to maintain up to date and accurate data bases, systems, portfolio, pipeline, meeting and other reports as well as financial/income forecasts, budget preparation, etc
- Contribute directly/indirectly to the achievement of PF and LSF's yearly budget
- Contribute to strict compliance of LSF will all compliance, conduct and other policies
- Support other teams within LSF, on a selective basis (as determined by the manager) incl. Energy and Natural Resources, Loan Capital Markets and other industries (incl. TMT).
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling incl. knowledge of accounting
- Strong work ethic with good team / interpersonal skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong commitment, ability to work flexible hours and travel
- Attention to detail with ability to take responsibility for certain aspects of the transaction including monitoring of allocated portfolio as required by the team
- 3-5 years of experience in project finance/ corporate finance, preferably with exposure to transactions in the Power, Renewable, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure sectors;
- University educated with strong academic background
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills