Financial Accountant - (9 month FTC) Global Investment Management
This role covering maternity for 9 months, encompassing financial and management accounting duties, sits within the finance function in the London office of a global Investment Management firm with a focus on real estate. Main functions of the role
You will have responsibility for the financial, management and performance reporting, as well as coordinating all operational and accounting aspects of real estate investment structures and joint venture vehicles. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Financial reporting for real estate investment structures and joint ventures including preparation of the quarterly management accounts and all financial analysis required for presentation at the quarterly Board meetings.
- Provide accounting support for directly held properties and indirect investment transactions within a large Real Estate portfolio including preparing elements of monthly reporting, maintenance of the accounting records and assistance with year-end consolidations.
- Preparation and submission of information to index provider for the calculation of quarterly performance figures on the properties and funds
- Maintenance of property level and fund level accounting records to include book keeping entries, monthly/quarterly bank and balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of VAT return workings, preparation of ETBs and management accounts.
- Account for property acquisitions and disposals.
- Review monthly reporting packs received from property managers, querying any inconsistencies and providing support to resolve any issues.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and control of the year end audit process, ensuring that timetables are adhered to and information and explanations are provided to the auditors.
- Work closely with the fund managers and asset management team, providing financial analysis and support for investment decisions, commercial transactions and tenancy options.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders including tax, legal, cosec, investment teams, property managers, administrators, internal auditors and external auditors.
- Cash management including monitoring of liquidity and managing capital calls and distributions to investors as necessary.
- Respond to information requests and ad-hoc queries from stakeholders.
- Reviewing invoices to ensure accurate recording and correct accounting.
- Any other relevant ad hoc tasks as they arise.
- Adhere to the FCA's Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
- You should hold a relevant accounting qualification - ACCA, ACA, CIMA or similar or in the latter stages of studying towards one
- Hands on accounts prep (preparing an ETB, mapping to financial statements, posting journals, etc) essential.
- Excel knowledge is essential. You should be comfortable with manipulating and analyzing financial information and performance data using the most appropriate tools and functions available
- Experience working to tight deadlines and handling multiple deadlines is essential.
- Previous exposure to Real Estate investment preferred
- Understanding of the life cycle of a fund would be beneficial, but not essential
- Experience with Horizon an advantage
- Experience in real estate or property management is essential
- Understanding of key legal and company secretarial elements of the investment process
A confident and professional self-starter with initiative and attention to detail. Strong accounting acumen and a demonstrable commitment to high achievement are also required. Given the nature of the role you will often need to work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities, therefore, a disciplined and organised approach is essential.
To summarise, you should ideally be:
- Highly organised with the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively
- Accurate, methodical and self-disciplined
- Strong accounting acumen
- Highly numerate and literate with good analytical skills
- Computer literate, particularly in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Effective and diplomatic communicator
- Problem solver who uses initiative
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to build effective working relationships with team members and other stakeholders