About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
Senior Paralegal to provide legal support for Columbia Threadneedle Investments, Ameriprise Financial, and other affiliates worldwide. This role reports to and works under the supervision of Group Counsel. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have....
- Participate in Global Contracts Team's drafting and negotiation of a variety of contractual provisions in vendor contracts, the subject matter of which can include technology licenses, hosted and cloud solutions, services, real estate leases and related service arrangements, and event and travel agreements.
- Participate in Global Contracts Team's mission to provide legal advice to the front office business units and staff groups on existing vendor contracts and related issues, with a solutions-oriented, risk management focus.
- Proactively identify opportunities to minimise risk to the Company in its contracts and vendor relationships.
- Conduct research on relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Where appropriate, educate the team on UK legal or regulatory principles relevant to team's mission.
- Engage in relevant continuing legal and other education to maintain and grow technical and subject matter knowledge within individual's certification.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance colleagues across the global General Counsel's Organisation in performing responsibilities.
- Actively engage as an employee in the global culture of the General Counsel's Organisation and the Company.
- The minimum qualifications for these positions include a paralegal or equivalent degree and a couple of years' demonstrable relevant experience in a law firm or corporate setting.
- Prior experience in drafting and reviewing commercial contracts and contract administration is preferred.
- Experience with global technology licensing, hosted applications, SaaS and cloud-based computing contracts, and understanding of data security and global data privacy agreements is a plus.
- The selected individual will be self-reliant, self-motivated, and possess an acute attention for detail.
- Must have the ability to evaluate and draft contractual provisions within the parameters of authority set by the firm.
- Must be capable of working on and completing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work and communicate with business partners and lawyers in a global, virtual team setting.
- A proactive, client-focused approach and ability to build positive working relationships and work well with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Reader.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and experience and experience of working with information of a confidential and / or sensitive nature.
- Strong administration, organisational and time management skills.