S&P Global Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team consistently wins industry awards as the best in its space. The team creates software and provide services that allow clients to gain control and visibility over their data, no matter the complexity, volume or scope of the project. The development team is essential to this success as they develop software to meet new needs, embrace new technologies, and keep ahead of the competition. Originally focused on the financial sector, the EDM client base includes scores of global financial institutions and has recently been expanding into the energy sector.
The role is focused on core future product development and re-engineering in HTML5/React, as well as continuously improving aspects of the core product architecture. The developer will be getting involved in code review, unit testing and integration testing to maintain quality of deliverables.
Business competencies Education and Experience Required:
- Candidates must have a strong IT educational background to degree level or equivalent. Must have professional experience of working as part of a team on product-focused software projects, including experience of complex software design, documentation, and implementation.
- 5+ years' professional experience of developing intuitive, state of the art accessible user interfaces using React, Redux and associated libraries.
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of React and Redux
- Demonstrable experience of developing component based single page applications
- A clean coder, experienced in applying patterns and structuring applications to maintain readability and maintainability.
- Strong test automation development skills ensuring applications are built and delivered with quality unit and integration tests.
- Experience of securely integrating with GraphQL and REST API's.
- Demonstrable experience of producing accessible applications meeting the highest accessibility standards
- Experience of React toolchains such as Create React App
- Experience of configuring application build scripts for development and production using node, npm, webpack/rollup
- Experience of CI/CD pipelines
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in an Agile Development environment and maintaining high standards through code reviews.
- Able to work with product and UX teams to translate UI designs into working solutions
- Software design fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and performance analysis.
- AWS Experience
- Front end development toolchains
- Knowledge of ASP.Net Core API Development using C# would also be useful.
Personal competencies Personal Impact
- Understanding of investment management across all asset types and geographies is an advantage.
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to clearly communicate the nature of a software solution.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Organized, able to multi-task, and have positive attitude to achieve deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A genuine enjoyment of writing software.
- The department employs many talented people who all work together. The candidate must be able to fit into this structure and communicate with both business and technical people. The development team has a particularly close working relationship with the testing and support teams and effective appropriate communication is key to this.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
R28217 Posted On:
Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom