As a Barclays Developer, you'll focus on database design, development, & delivery of various initiatives in an Agile operating model within RFT Tech. You'll need to be an Oracle professional with a good understanding of the Oracle Database based application development. You'll be responsible for technical assessment of requirements received, effort estimation, reviewing and enhancing design and development standards, ensuring optimal application performance to meet and exceed the non-functional requirements specified by business & customers.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Engaging with Business Analysts and IT partners in the requirements analysis for system enhancements and changes
• Interpreting and understanding functional specifications
• Designing the Development and Testing Strategy, Test Plan and Test cases
• Working independently on all phases of development and testing
• Handling and managing the defect life cycle
• Supporting regression development and testing, impacting assessment which shall be on demand basis
• Resolving Production issues as and when required
What we're looking for:
• Solid experience with Oracle SQL and PLSQL. Hands on experience on 11g/12c/19c
• Analytical ability and Strong debugging skills
• Knowledge of AutoSys Scheduling Tool and Hands on experience in Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
• Significant Knowledge of Investment Banking Domain
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Oracle PL/SQL (Must have skill, Candidate should be strong, exposure to Performance Tuning)
• Exposure to Oracle 19c would be good to have
• AutoSys/Control M/ Any other job scheduling tool
• SVN/GIT/Any other version control tool (Good to have)
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.